Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Genuine question - Are there any recorded incidents with current DOO services which are related to the health and safety of the public, I dont know myself but all I hear is retoric concerns for my safety and I am interested if these are based on experience or just a case of ifs, buts and maybe?

I think, as a female, I would rather have a conductor on board, especially when travelling alone.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think, as a female, I would rather have a conductor on board, especially when travelling alone.

You will have an On Board Supervisor on board at all times. Or you will when this strike nonsense is over and they get back to being able to hiring them! But judging by your last reply, I don't think your much interested in the truth.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As someone that has had my life turned upside down by having to move to London from the South Coast due to just everything with Southern and the strikes, who has no sympathy for any side anymore, even to me it would appear you're trolling.

Whatever.

Yoda

English & European
You will have an On Board Supervisor on board at all times. Or you will when this strike nonsense is over and they get back to being able to hiring them! But judging by your last reply, I don't think your much interested in the truth.

But Southern have said in the last few days that ANY train that is 6 carriages or less does NOT have to run with an OBS. It's about 10 pages back by now if you want to look for it.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But Southern have said in the last few days that ANY train that is 6 carriages or less does NOT have to run with an OBS. It's about 10 pages back by now if you want to look for it.

I'll take your word for it. Interesting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thanks, the unions could help themselves by making these and others more known to the public.
RMT have their dossier, but haven't made it very widely known publically. that would highlight those accidents occuring with guards on the train, and that their members have been involved in some accidents.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You really believe that?

Charles Horton couldn't say that on Monday night when challenged by the RMT rep. He stuttered and stammered and mumbled something like the 'majority of trains'.
The audience knew he was making it up by their response.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Hahahaha! I've read it all now! Driver got out to say he was not trained to help her. Not trained to lift a piece of metal sheeting over to the door and give her a push up the ramp? He could have easily helped her but he's got a very good reason not to help hasn't he.
The driver is squarely at fault here. Dispicable to leave someone in a wheelchair on the platform for two hours just to point score.

you are an f-ing ****

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Charles Horton couldn't say that on Monday night when challenged by the RMT rep. He stuttered and stammered and mumbled something like the 'majority of trains'.
[MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] says all services will have an OBS, can only DEDUCE [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] is Charles Horton or his DOLLY

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agree with you at last

So a reasonable debate has descended to a couple of posters "hilariously" editing my posts to point score. How crass. Especially coming from you old boy, a poster who actually starts spoof trolling threads on a weekly basis.

The public have had enough of Unions, of the govt stance and of Southern. Unions seem to view themselves as somehow exempt from blame. They are all part of the same spectacular nonsense of a company.

I have nothing more to add. Please enjoy spending your retirement editing this post , thus transforming it into something hilarious. :cheers:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

He said, (and it is also stated in the Southern statement made some months back) that "every train that currently has a guard, will have an OBS" Of course, that was difficult to hear because loud mouth Cash kept interrupting every single time Horton tried to speak.

albionite

May 20, 2009
So a reasonable debate has descended to a couple of posters "hilariously" editing my posts to point score. How crass. Especially coming from you old boy, a poster who actually starts spoof trolling threads on a weekly basis.

The public have had enough of Unions, of the govt stance and of Southern. Unions seem to view themselves as somehow exempt from blame. They are all part of the same spectacular nonsense of a company.

I have nothing more to add. Please enjoy spending your retirement editing this post , thus transforming it into something hilarious. :cheers:
Nothing more to add at last. Better to give up early when you're clueless.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He said, (and it is also stated in the Southern statement made some months back) that "every train that currently has a guard, will have an OBS" Of course, that was difficult to hear because loud mouth Cash kept interrupting every single time Horton tried to speak.

I watched it and Cash didn't interrupt the statement that I have posted. He did put him on the spot and that was his reply. If anything the BBC presenter didn't give Cash enough time to state his case even though she told him off for interrupting Horton. It wasn't a fair debate imo.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

If he's telling the truth then it kind of blows people's concerns out of the water. From what I've seen, this is about Guards (understandably) fighting for their jobs against a company that wants them out and replaced with cheaper OBS's. It's going to happen, the change will come. Of course the people losing out will kick up a fuss, I probably would but the change will come and in a few years it will be looked upon as a load of fuss over nothing and the new system will be up and running and working just fine. I saw a documentary about the decline of steam locomotives and distraught firemen and stokers getting upset they were being phased out. A rough time, now forgotten. This'll be the same.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here