Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If the ASLEF negotiators can't come up with a deal that their own membership will accept, perhaps they have the wrong negotiators?

The alternative is they have the wrong members, which is a bit mental :)

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
C2C (National Express) run driver only trains from Essex to London. Today they were delayed because of the sun glaring off the monitors, the driver couldn't see them so couldn't safely leave the station.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you'd think a piece from "the outside" would offer a fresh insight, but its as if the author was grinding an axe, regurgitating half truths for the sake of making a point (example, price increases above inflation ignoring the commuter season tickets have been maintained at or below inflation). its starts sounding awfully familar so i look for the author... Owen Jones! ah, i must have read it in the Guardian a few months back. which was also around the time the strikes had any effect.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
you'd think a piece from "the outside" would offer a fresh insight, but its as if the author was grinding an axe, regurgitating half truths for the sake of making a point (example, price increases above inflation ignoring the commuter season tickets have been maintained at or below inflation). its starts sounding awfully familar so i look for the author... Owen Jones! ah, i must have read it in the Guardian a few months back. which was also around the time the strikes had any effect.

You being an constant apologist for the DfT/ Southern is well noted, as is your disdain for public safety, but even that post is meaningless. You zero in on a point to such a degree that you destroy your own argument. The fact is, prices have been rising way above service levels (which in turn have been falling badly - and now to an illegal level). But that point is beyond you.

Who the author is is beside the point; that he's highlighted what's going on is the important bit.

Your issue here is it doesn't sit with your own agenda. And your own agenda is fundamentally flawed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You being an constant apologist for the DfT/ Southern is well noted, as is your disdain for public safety, but even that post is meaningless. You zero in on a point to such a degree that you destroy your own argument. The fact is, prices have been rising way above service levels (which in turn have been falling badly - and now to an illegal level). But that point is beyond you.

Who the author is is beside the point; that he's highlighted what's going on is the important bit.

Your issue here is it doesn't sit with your own agenda. And your own agenda is fundamentally flawed.

:rotlf: get you, all angry over nothing. it was an observation that for a foreign paper it was the same old story, it offered no new insight that i hoped for on clicking the link. and if you want, you can show me where i apologise for either DFT or Southern, just because i dont support the strike and its impact on hundreds of thousands of workers for no resolution (OBS are here anyway).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here