Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I take it Albion fans want us (Boro) to beat Burnley on Tuesday?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The last few matches, the big question amongst the top three is, 'Who will blink first'. If (and of course it is an 'if') we beat QPR, by definition one of the other two (or both if it's a draw) has to blink, so that would be advantage to us.

We just need to take that advantage...............there, what could go wrong?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's a nailed on draw in my opinion. Both sides will be more concerned about not losing than winning.

That would be my take, too. Karanka will play 4-6-0, with Nugent, Rhodes and Ramirez on the bench (ready to come on in the 89th minute, just in case Burnley sneak one). However, can Burnley really risk settling for a point, given the fact they play Preston away on Friday night? That would be an interesting gamble. I would suspect both managers (esp Dyche) will be getting regular updates on our game...and may act accordingly!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Odds on a 0-0 draw, neither team will want to lose and a draw suits us as it keeps Boro as well as Burnley in our sights. P*ssed off with Boro thinking they're certainties to go up and patronising us saying we can go with them too, they were nailed on this time last season to go up too and that didn't work out that well did it ?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A Boro win by 3 or 4 clear goals, Gray injured and out for the rest of the season and Barton sent off - would do very nicely please.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Burnley 43 booked, none sent off.
Middlesbrough 61 booked, 2 sent off.
Brighton 72 booked, 2 sent off.
Pretty much what I'd expect if the game at the Amex was anything to go by. We all know the real reason that Barton wasn't sent off don't we.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
a Boro win is the only result that matters now. we win on Tuesday and I think we will and then 3 points at Charlton I think we will be 4 points clear with 2 games to go as I think Preston will beat Burnley on Friday.
The game at Boro is going to be one large party.
This really is going to happen chaps #together #believe

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
a Boro win is the only result that matters now. we win on Tuesday and I think we will and then 3 points at Charlton I think we will be 4 points clear with 2 games to go as I think Preston will beat Burnley on Friday.
The game at Boro is going to be one large party.
This really is going to happen chaps #together #believe

This is tantalisingly possible and reading it has given me a modest stiffy. If only .....................

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I would like Boro to lose all their remaining games!:albion2:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Pretty much what I'd expect if the game at the Amex was anything to go by. We all know the real reason that Barton wasn't sent off don't we.

Because the ref was neutral, not a Brighton fan? :wink:

If it was because the ref was biased, then we must have had an awful lot of biased refs this season. Or else you have. Sometimes you get away with the marginal ones, sometimes not - Dunk could have had a four match ban for his foul at Forest, but got away with it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because the ref was neutral, not a Brighton fan? :wink:

If it was because the ref was biased, then we must have had an awful lot of biased refs this season. Or else you have. Sometimes you get away with the marginal ones, sometimes not - Dunk could have had a four match ban for his foul at Forest, but got away with it.
I am still bitter about that particular ref. But I'll admit I have no idea about your other matches. What's sure is that the table doesn't lie.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm going to risk the wrath of the Gods of football, I think Boro will beat Burnley, and I reckon Preston will get a draw with them next weekend.
It's a Lancashire derby, no love lost there, and Preston are very difficult to beat on their own patch. Just hope wr can capitalise.

I wish I could share your confidence. Preston have nowt to play for and while is it a Lancs derby it's not that special to either side is it? Their real animosity is for Blackpool and Blackburn respectively.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can see Burnley picking up 2 draws from their next two games but not dropping any others, that would leave us 2 points ahead going to the final game, assuming we win all our games, we would then still need to beat Boro due to our inferior goal difference.
I know, that's why it would be handy if Bunrley lose on Tuesday.

I just hope that Burnley injury time equaliser does not end up costing us promotion (Then again it could be Dunks stupid sending off against QPR which started our bad run before Christmas)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I just hope that Burnley injury time equaliser does not end up costing us promotion (Then again it could be Dunks stupid sending off against QPR which started our bad run before Christmas)

I think our bad run before and just after Christmas had more to do with 7 (arguably) of our first eleven being long term injuries.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It could be Connor Goldson's own goal which cost us two points. I'm sure every player has done something which has cost us during the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here