Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I take it Albion fans want us (Boro) to beat Burnley on Tuesday?

Dec 6, 2015
Well we got a draw - nearly sneaked a win but got a taste of our own medicine. Good result away from home though and keeps us top. A win on Saturday puts us in a nice position.

You lot are on fire. Fair play.

Now I'm hoping for Preston to snatch a draw and hoping Reachy does us a favour.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was all about Preston v Burnley. You were always gonna win yr game in hand and beat Bolton albeit making hard work and Burnley were always gonna beat Brum.

As for Preston well Im banking on a draw there. Preston beat them at Turf Moor earlier in the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well we got a draw - nearly sneaked a win but got a taste of our own medicine. Good result away from home though and keeps us top. A win on Saturday puts us in a nice position.
It's good you're putting a brave face on it, because that equaliser is a killer for you. You could win your next two and still not go up.

Of course you're still in a decent position, but you were so close to having the Champagne on ice.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

You lot are on fire. Fair play.

Now I'm hoping for Preston to snatch a draw and hoping Reachy does us a favour.

Forget Burnley. We're coming for you..................

Dec 6, 2015
It's good you're putting a brave face on it, because that equaliser is a killer for you. You could win your next two and still not go up.

Of course you're still in a decent position, but you were so close to having the Champagne on ice.

I wouldn't call it "a killer", I felt it was a must win game for Burnley and we could even afford to lose. As it stands as long as we beat either Ipswich or Brum we can afford to win one and draw two and we'd be up. No need to put a brave face on when you're top of the league with three games to go and two of those are at home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wouldn't call it "a killer", I felt it was a must win game for Burnley
Burnley are still in a good position, so it wasn't a must win for them. It wasn't for you either, but when you're winning in injury time, then don't win, it's not great - as when the same happened to us. Your task has become considerably harder.

Is Friend alright?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I wouldn't call it "a killer", I felt it was a must win game for Burnley and we could even afford to lose. As it stands as long as we beat either Ipswich or Brum we can afford to win one and draw two and we'd be up. No need to put a brave face on when you're top of the league with three games to go and two of those are at home.

We should've beat Burnley home and away. We were comfortably better than them.

I'm not sure how good you lot were against Burnley but expect a much harder challenge against us.

Apr 5, 2016
Burnley are still in a good position, so it wasn't a must win for them. It wasn't for you either, but when you're winning in injury time, then don't win, it's not great - as when the same happened to us. Your task has become considerably harder.

Is Friend alright?

I agree with this. The pressure is on all for all three teams now, but Boro have two tough games now and I think Brighton have what it takes to go there and win on the last game of the season.

Burnley have, without doubt the easiest last two games, if we beat Preston on Friday, Boro will panic, particularly after what happened last season.

Dec 6, 2015

Is Friend alright?

You're right but that's how I felt before the game and I'm sure the players will consider it a good result, I know the manager will. When the dust settles I'm pretty sure Burnley will be feeling the strain - that was their best chance to over haul us and keep distance from Brighton and they haven't managed it.

not sure about Friend yet but Da Laet is a more than capable replacement so I'm not concerned if he is injured for Saturday.

Dec 6, 2015
We should've beat Burnley home and away. We were comfortably better than them.

I'm not sure how good you lot were against Burnley but expect a much harder challenge against us.

I do expect a very tough game but realistically we only need a draw and you HAVE to win. Pressure is on you IMO

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I do expect a very tough game but realistically we only need a draw and you HAVE to win. Pressure is on you IMO

Since we were promoted back into the Championship in 2011, i'm struggling to think of a team with a better record at the Riverside than ours. Bring it on. Corals and Ladbrokes are offering 2/1 on Aitor Karanka storming off at 2.30pm on the 7th of May.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've persuaded myself a draw was a very good result as this side is well capable of winning a one-off at The Riverside if we can get to that point. It'll be a lot harder than the game against a hugely reshuffled team at The Amex, with massive pressure on Boro.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bias put to one side.

Boro are absolutely nailed on for promotion.

Burnley are second favourites and extremely likely to be promoted.

ALBION ARE CURRENTLY ODDS ON (SOMETHING LIKE 8/15) FOR PROMOTION TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Hundreds of odds on chances do lose every day but it means industry experts currently consider us far more likely than not to get promoted.

Enjoy the ride over the remaining matches.

Dec 6, 2015
Well it's good we are all confident - I'm convinced Burnley will blow it but even it they don't I'm quite relaxed because it's in our own hands. I wouldn't be surprised if we win all three games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Burnley win on Friday, I'd say they were up. If they draw, they will probably still go up - the only way they don't (assuming they beat QPR and Charlton) is if Boro win the first two and we win all three of our remaining games. But that is unlikely because Boro will set up for a draw to protect their title. They won't ease off against us knowing that an Albion win would mean we snatched the title too.

Make no mistake. Albion are third favourites here thanks to that last minute equaliser. But can we go to Boro and win. Of course we can.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I gonna make a bold statement here, with the form we are in, not only are we going to clinch promotion, but we will do it as champions!
We've hit some amazing form at just the right time, and scoring goals for fun whilst doing it, keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here