Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Next Saturday at the Valley

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It could well be (and I don't yet know the plans) that the match is disrupted. It won't be personal to Brighton, but part of our current struggle, however it is likely to annoy Brighton fans who will come rightly intent on losing themselves in the business of the football match, and it will be annoying being messed up somewhat by some actions by Charlton fans.
No worries. I've never seen my team in the top flight, so this is pretty important to me, but I understand that your battle might be more important. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Good luck.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Balls.

Tennis balls. Loads of them coming from home AND away supporters.
Wouldn't that be fun

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
what an utter load of rubbish......your club is suffering from 'foreign owner disease' , as someone has already said, if you lot don't want to go, hand your tickets over to real football supporters !

Were you not around when we had our troubles?

Without the York game being abandoned we would never have got to where we are now.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Great if one of our players stands on one and breaks an ankle.

The ref would have stopped the game before that happened

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
what an utter load of rubbish......your club is suffering from 'foreign owner disease' , as someone has already said, if you lot don't want to go, hand your tickets over to real football supporters !

The only rubbish I have read is from you and not [MENTION=34133]Webbo[/MENTION] the Charlton fan. :shutup:

If you had read the opening post properly you would realise he is a real football supporter.
If you want to have a go at anyone it should be the Charlton owners for not giving us extra seats.

For the record a Charlton fan sent me a message offering to get me a ticket, all the Charlton fans I have met are decent people.

Good luck Charlton fans with your protest.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
I don't wish to stir up any trouble between Brighton fans, or between Charlton and Brighton fans.
I know winning helps, but the best game I ever witnessed at the Valley was a 4-3 victory over Brighton just after Peter Ward had been called up by England.
The game was an attacking, thunderous affair with all sorts (including great away support) a midweek evening game at the 'old' Valley.
The winner was scored with 20 minutes still to play by a chap called Colin Powell who later became our groundsman, and ironically this current regime have dispensed with that particular club legend's services.
I have witnessed many many games between our two clubs, and I love Charlton with all my heart as you all love Brighton, and indeed loyal Hereford, or Mansfield or Everton or whoever fans feel heartfelt love for their clubs.

It is the understanding this particular dynamic that drew fans from all over the country to your Fans United day.

Even if whilst the game is being played your fans and our fans want to relish any good stuff our teams produce, and will sing, chant and react accordingly, but it is because we all have each-other to play that we all love football.

With the exception of Chelsea fans I suppose who would love an eternity of Chelsea v Chelsea reserves for the Abramovitch cup.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If all the Charlton fans dress in yellow or blue and cheer/chant for Albion instead of their own side might it get a message across to their owners :blush:

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I can remember the great support from charlton fans from fans united fully behind them hope we all get the right results.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Fair enough this is your board and I don't want to be out of place so I must apologise for posting an 'utter load of rubbish'. However I have been watching Charlton since 1963 and held a season ticket continually since 1971, but I suppose i will await the accolade of being a 'real football supporter' for some time in the future.

Perhaps this protesting/struggle thing is a generational issue, and maybe younger supporters don't get it because they weren't there, which is understandable.

don't play the 'age' card, I'm 67 years old and have supported Brighton for at least 50 years.....prat !

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm fully aware of Charlton plight. We've been through very similar. They showed us some massive support with fans United and I respect that.

But to me it sounds like they're planning something that will cause the game to be severely disrupted or called off.

I'm not sure I can support that. Especially if we're in a winning position when it happens. We are in a run of games that is so important to us that I don't want anything to happen that could jeopardise our possible promotion. I can't put Charlton's woes in front of our own ambition I'm afraid.

If the game wasn't as important to us as it is and the game was meaningless then I would fully support them.

I remember the posts on here from calling for support for a protest when they came down earlier this season, which were soon forgotten when they were 2-0 up.

I fully understand the "you've got to do what youve got to do" attitude but I can't help but feel a tad nervous that it will jeopardise our own destiny. We've fought long and hard to get to where we are and are the club that most others turn to for help. It's nice and feel flattered but please don't cock our season up.:down:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Completely understand fans having opinions one way or the other. These last few games mean the world to a lot of us and if we were to lose or draw after protests disrupting the play then it will be infuriating. I think some also see the fact that we were nearly out of the league and business as a way of saying our fight was more important.

I, however, fully support you guys in all you do. Not acting now could lead to multiple relegations. Just look at Blackpool. I've never met a bad Charlton fan and good friends with a fair few. You were good to us in our time of need. It wasn't your fans that organised the coaches from Sussex, and you definitely don't sort away allocations.

Good luck with it all, I have enjoyed (if that's the right word) the protests so far and hope you reach your goal. The smug look on that MDs face during one of the televised protests said it all. She finds it funny and doesn't care about the club or the fans.

Fans United will never be defeated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow. My immediate thought was that you're a silly kid, but you've been here 5 years. So what is your excuse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here