Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lanzarote advice

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Don't believe any negative comments. The whores are very cheap, a bit scabby but up for anything and the drugs are in plentiful supply. You'll have a great time. Be careful of the packs of wild rabid dogs though and whatever you do, do not go out after 8pm.

I heard that the dogs are very cheap and up for anything but you should be careful of the packs of wild rabid whores.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Timanfaya National Park is worth a trip, It feels like being on the moon. The restaurant at the top (El Diablo) has great panoramic views, not that cheap and the food is basic, but it is grilled over a volcanic pit using the heat from the volcano which is it's other USP.

Rancho Texas if it is still there is a must do, a great night out.

I enjoyed Lanzarote and it's unique landscape very much.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The best answer.

Ben's Grandad, when you go anywhere there is a website called Trip Advisor. You will get better advice on restaurants, hotels etc in any given place, than asking Nsc all the time.

2 points: I went on to trip adviser and most of the reports were dated from 2010 to 2014 I am going in 2016. Also I prefer the views of people who have been with their varying views rather than somebody who is just filling in a form and answering for convenience. I would trust NSC more so than trip adviser. We went to Fuengirola and Sams in Los Boliches was eventually rated No 1 restaurant on Trip Advisor but we thought that it was poor with many better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
2 points: I went on to trip adviser and most of the reports were dated from 2010 to 2014 I am going in 2016. Also I prefer the views of people who have been with their varying views rather than somebody who is just filling in a form and answering for convenience. I would trust NSC more so than trip adviser. We went to Fuengirola and Sams in Los Boliches was eventually rated No 1 restaurant on Trip Advisor but we thought that it was poor with many better.

2 points

People don't go on Trip Advisor and answer for convenience.
I wouldn't trust Nsc. lol

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I said I posted the same question on google and it threw up Trip Advisor with all the reports dated 2010 to 2014 not many current.

I've just clicked on the link in post 2 of this thread. The very first restaurant is Asia Delicious with an entry dated 12/4/16.
The second restaurant is Lomo Alto with an entry dated 13/4/16.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
In fact the top ten listed in that link all have reviews in the last fortnight. I'd trust that way more than nsc

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
We went to PDC in February for the second time, it is a good destination as long as you don't want it to lively.
There are plenty of eateries there at very reasonable prices, I also recommend the Hawaiin Bar for somewhere just to have a drink, it's got Sky sports, drinks are cheap, San Miguel €1.50 during happy hour, 1pm - 5pm & 8pm - 10pm, free wi-fi and good atmosphere.
Lovely beach walks, a great bus service.
I reckon you'll like it, and baddy is well cheap if you smoke, Golden Virginia €48 for 10x50g
Hope this is helpful BG

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
- Lanzarotte?

No such f******g place.

At least spell the f*****g place's name right you moron OP..

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
Love it in PDC, going again in October

Restaurants plentiful, loads on the strip and in the old town. Most do a special menu where you can get a starter and main for under €10. If you like steak then try a place called Maritoni - small place on the front that looks nothing from the outside but it's always busy at night and the fillet is awesome for about €13.

Most places offer a special breakfast for under €3 which includes sausage, bacon, egg, beans and a brew so you can't go wrong really - just have a look at which places are busier and have a squizz on people's plates.

Drinking is reasonable. Nice to have a beer facing the see at Ruta 66 where Heineken is about €2.50/pint and the cocktails are decent for about €5 in the day. Most places show the footy so if you're there for the euros that'll be a bonus.

One thing I really like about the place is that it's 5 mins from the airport and taxis are about €15.

Defo do the Timanfaya tour - we hired a car last year and did that followed by some tapas in a village in the middle of nowhere.

Have a good time bud, like someone said before it's the best canary island imo

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's a fab place. We go to Playa Blanca at least once a year for some guaranteed sunshine and stunning scenery. Food can be a bit touristy but still good value and tasty. You must see the volcanoes and also visit the north of the island, an easy drive and a very different Lanzo.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Have done all the CI's and return most years to PB in LZ, love it there, however you can't beat Marbs, back down there in Sept for my 47th bday [emoji4]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In my opinion it is the best of the canary isles, certainly not grotty like Tenerife or Gran Canaria

Have you tried Fuerteventura? El Cotillo is stunning, little fishing village with Caribbean style turquoise lagoons with dazzling white sand at one end of the village, and some of the best surfing in Europe at the other end. WELL worth checking out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here