Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Say we don't get promoted this season (yes I know, but just say)

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Of course we are going to make it this season! :albion2:
Ahem..... I believe this year is the most open one . Next year the league will have the finance of big clubs (with parachute payments) since Villa, possibly Sunderland and Newcastle , will be here.
Let's do a job on Friday and take another step forward.....

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
on the assumption that 2 of the 3 will be promoted automatically we have a 50% chance of promotion this season.

based on a 50% chance of us missing out

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Which players do you think other clubs would try to buy and would we sell?

Goldson
Dunk
Kayal
Knockaert

all leap out as the obvious ones, not sure there would be interest in anyone else, or not from anyone big enough to tempt them away.

If (heaven forbid) we fail to go up, why would we sell the players largely responsible for getting us in the frame in the first place? We'd be back to square one. The route to success is to build on what we've got shirley?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
SOLD LIST

Goldson
Dunk
Kayal
Knockaert
Stephens
Baldock
Manu (if anyone will buy him that is )

RETIRED LIST or LET GO

Greer R
Zamora R
Bruno R
Calderon R
Ankregran LG
Sidwell LG
Lua Lua LG
Forster Caskey LG
Stockdale LG
Chicksen LG
Tilley LG
Holla LG

RETAINED

Hemed
Bong
Hunnimier
Towell
Skalak
Murphy
March
Rosenior
Maenpaa
Walton
Wilson ( possibly bought by Albion as no where near good enough for Man Utd)

Massive rebuild with a different manager because Hughton will be at Villa.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is no timetable.

But threads can be well timed, or badly timed.

The timing of this one is woeful.
I agree. When our team is striving for promotion, the last thing needed is speculation about who will get the chop next season!

el punal

These conjecture threads are ridiculous. Can't believe anyone is thinking beyond the next game. Worry about this shit if and when it happens.

Thank goodness - the voice of reason! I agree with you, we are approaching the most exciting, and possibly most successful, end to the season for years. Let's enjoy it while it lasts, or is that too much to ask?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If we don't go up this season, most of the development squad will be playing next season. The race to stay out of the bottom 3 will be just as entertaining.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not ridiculous at all.
Chances are we will probably be in this dvision next season, as much as I want us to go up.
I would expect our transfer team as it were are already looking at both scenarios so why shouldnt we ?

I would be sure our recruitment team already has at least two lists or plans of action.
1. What to do if we get promoted.
2. What to do if we don't get promoted.

If for no other reason, the two lists would need to be different purely from a budget point of view. If we were in no way prepared for the two possibilities, it would be a bit worrying!!!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
SOLD LISThttp://www.northstandchat.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7366116

Goldson
Dunk
Kayal
Knockaert
Stephens
Baldock
Manu (if anyone will buy him that is )

RETIRED LIST or LET GO

Greer R
Zamora R
Bruno R
Calderon R
Ankregran LG
Sidwell LG
Lua Lua LG
Forster Caskey LG
Stockdale LG
Chicksen LG
Tilley LG
Holla LG

RETAINED

Hemed
Bong
Hunnimier
Towell
Skalak
Murphy
March
Rosenior
Maenpaa
Walton
Wilson ( possibly bought by Albion as no where near good enough for Man Utd)

Massive rebuild with a different manager because Hughton will be at Villa.

in true pantomime style - "oh no he won't!"

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We have a fair amount of deadwood...CoG, JFC, Crofts, Ince...What we will need to bring in is a right-back and a striker.

Ince deadwood? Based on what, one stray pass at Derby? What about the other 5 times he came on and successfully helped us close out games? And the potential he showed previously, not least against Arsenal? And the instrumental role he's played in Fulham's recent revival?

Time to retract the kneejerk.

PG

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
on the assumption that 2 of the 3 will be promoted automatically we have a 50% chance of promotion this season.

based on a 50% chance of us missing out

Wrong, but actually right.

For Autos, it's now 2 from 3 which is 66.67%
For play-offs it will be 1 from 4 which is 25%
For promotion, 3 of the top 6 will go up, which is 50%
So, right now, statistically, our best hope of promotion is autos.

But, of course, its not that simple as there are all the variables and imponderables to throw in the mix.
So, one game at a time, to keep the dream alive.

Oh how I prefer the "keep the dream alive" to all those relegation battles over the years where we had to "keep the faith" - so much more preferable

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I actually think we'll keep most the players we want unless it is silly money. Bloom will only sell when it is in the best interest of the team / squad not because we need the money. So relax and let the professionals get on with their job, if we do sell for big money it's because we've got someone else lined up who can do the job. Believe me we are getting promoted either this season or the next or the next but it will come because our chairman is utterly focused on the job in hand. He only sells when he wants to, has financed the best stadium and training facilities outside the premiership and we have achieved 3 play offs out of 4 and are looking better than ever to make the final assault. Keep the faith.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't see the point in even thinking about it...much rather concentrate on some exciting nerve and gut stretching games coming up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here