Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Muslims believe CH4 last night

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Thanks! It's quite a straightforward concept but some (sadly) still find it difficult to grasp.:shrug:

Indeed, and it is a concept that is at the heart of British fair play. You have to draw the line somewhere and then come down hard on those that overstep it. If you tolerate this then your children will be next, and all that...

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Not quite. Muslims have fought against Christians for over 1400 years. Martin Luther nailed his letter to a church door 500 years ago.

An interesting sidepoint is that Luther kicked off a Reformation that has led to a liberal, tolerant West and most serious observers acknowledge that Islam is in desperate need of a similar Reformation so they can move away from their medieval views on women, homosexuals, atheists, apostates and justice.

Apologies for revisiting your post in a drunken manner.

The way i recall it is:

Muslim philosophers, i.e. avicenna etc, studied aristotelian/platonic sources that we (the west) didn't have access to. Thanks to the normans in the 12th century these were brought back into western europe, and that is what really kick started the enlightenment.

Anyway, i suppose my point is that 'religion' is a red herring. Culture and the leaders of people is what dictates this shitfest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here