Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I don't think you understand the way the FX mkts work mate , you are saying we should have hedged against sterling weakness yes ? Well you could have sold sterling against the dollar and euro in anticipation of a brexit vote , but that's by no means certain is it ? Also for it to have any meaningful effect it would have to have been on a massive scale , depressing sterling against monetary policy , And also what's the point ? You can always vary the currency basket that we have in reserve , but central banks hedging against movements in their own currency ?

I'll wait for the verdict i.e. the referendum result, and the subsequent inquest.

Your position seems to be that Osborne and Carney can publicly warn about a collapse in sterling for weeks, but that they are unable to do anything about mitigating the impact.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or just maybe traditional Labour voters are naturally eurosceptic because they don't feel the benefits that the rest of us do. Look at the switch from Labour to UKIP in the last election. The more the Labour party persists with this myth that their own voters are europhiles that have been hoodwinked by the nasty Tories then the bigger the disconnect between the party and their core vote.

And that bodes very, very badly for a Corbyn led Labour party in the next election.
Leave 'The rest of us' out of it, will you?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'll wait for the verdict i.e. the referendum result, and the subsequent inquest.

Your position seems to be that Osborne and Carney can publicly warn about a collapse in sterling for weeks, but that they are unable to do anything about mitigating the impact.
Ok , tell me EXACTLY how you would have hedged against sterling weakness/collapse ??

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm trying to stop myself from pumping a monkey on 'Remain' now the odds have shortened. Sets a dangerous gambling precedent for me though.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Or just maybe traditional Labour voters are naturally eurosceptic because they don't feel the benefits that the rest of us do. Look at the switch from Labour to UKIP in the last election. The more the Labour party persists with this myth that their own voters are europhiles that have been hoodwinked by the nasty Tories then the bigger the disconnect between the party and their core vote.

And that bodes very, very badly for a Corbyn led Labour party in the next election.

I wonder what the result would have been had Cameron campaigned to Leave

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
£82M traded on Betfair so far.

Remain is still around 1.53/1.54 with liquidity for quite serious players to get involved on either side if they chose...

Keep The Faith

My dear old next door neighbour has popped round for a referendum cup of coffee.
" When you have been through a war son, with bombs dropping on your head, no food, tattered clothes and old friends dying, you do not worry about a few traders losing money or your currency dipping, life is precious, money is a thing"

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hold tight - you'll be getting odds against very soon.

With a greater possibility of being wrong.I'll be kicking myself harder if I'm wrong than if I was right.

I've got £20 on 50-55 % That will do.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I wonder what the result would have been had Cameron campaigned to Leave

It's almost certain that Labour voters would still have voted Leave. It's been brewing for years. If Labour voters wanted to hurt the Tories and stick to their roots then they certainly wouldn't have switched votes so dramatically from Labour to UKIP in the last general election. Everyone knows that it's a two-horse race between Labour and the Tories in British politics and if you switch votes from one of those to a minor party then you effectively hand the opposition the upper hand.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Basildon, who'd have thought it?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It's regaling (with one 'L' not two; and it doesn't mean quite what you think it means ... "regaling": to entertain lavishly or agreeably).

Oh, I know this is PL versus Conference - but it's like shooting fish in a barrel - and such a lot of fun!

Really? I've just seen your post. Are you that ****ing childish? I didn't realise GT ****ing 49er was the chief of the grammar police. Why don't you come round to my house and discuss grammar with me?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have you even ever left the country? Or your white van for that matter

family on 3 continents,visit all the time thanks.

Europe is brilliant,The World is spectacular.....so much potential......smash the shackles of the EU.
lets break free and decide our own future, trading with countries we want to.
lets welcome skilled workers from all nations,lets monitor it properly and not be responsible for brain drain of skilled workers like that which is happening in poor eastern EU countries.

use to rive a white van as a living many moons ago,great job and loved it.

you seem to be one of the " im much better than you" types that sneers at white van drivers. You know who they are,ordinary people like the majority of us just getting on with stuff.

Its not a very becoming position to hold if truth be told
i doubt you care anyway......after all you are simply believe you are better than everyone else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here