Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm surprised the whole country didn't make their mind up the moment Call-me-Dave Cameron joined the remain campaign. Doing the opposite to what he advocates is, of itself, sound reason to make a decision.

I'm surprised the whole country didn't make their mind up the moment Jeremy Corbyn joined the remain campaign. Doing the opposite to what he advocates is, of itself, sound reason to make a decision.

Corrected for you - with equally valid alternatives depending on your underlying political persuasion.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Corrected for you - with equally valid alternatives depending on your underlying political persuasion.

A genuine request for your opinion - do you feel underlying political persuasions affect the view people people have on Brexit?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Things are going pretty good for the UK, I am proud of what we achieve in a tough world. Why would we jeopardise that for all the uncertainty that the Quitters would bring? So we can see the unfettered leadership from Corbyn? Or Borris? Or Nigel?

There will always be uncertainty.

I personally think there is more uncertainty when we have no border controls and our law is trumped by the ECJ.

At least if we leave the EU, any uncertainty over our future is determined by UK voters, and not some random country.

A vote for leaving is a vote for democracy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The outie's are a little quiet today . . . . it's always good to bring up Hitler, as Ken found out.

Being outed as an opportunist with his changing views on the US trade deal and EU peace, being investigated over that ridiculous garden bridge thing and now this. The wheels are coming off the Boris wagon.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Being outed as an opportunist with his changing views on the US trade deal and EU peace, being investigated over that ridiculous garden bridge thing and now this. The wheels are coming off the Boris wagon.
Thank goodness labour has a leader who hasn't changed his mind about Europe in an opportunist manner......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see the Remain camp are resorting to lieing about this £4300 more. stronger in europe site, advertising on the forum, claim exit will cost 4300 per household every year. no mention the small details this (speculative figure) only applies from 2030.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank goodness labour has a leader who hasn't changed his mind about Europe in an opportunist manner......

Like all of us he has, at times, been critical of the EU. Nothing more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i see the Remain camp are resorting to lieing about this £4300 more. stronger in europe site, advertising on the forum, claim exit will cost 4300 per household every year. no mention the small details this (speculative figure) only applies from 2030.

Is this really the best you can do? Why don't the Brexit mob give us a figure for leaving then we can compare ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Love it!

You don't really believe that though do you?

In his speech he explained the areas he had considered, and said on balance we are currently better in. Are you suggesting he's lying?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In his speech he explained the areas he had considered, and said on balance we are currently better in. Are you suggesting he's lying?
No, not at all. I quite like him actually. However, I believe at heart, he is not impressed by the EU. In fact, that stands for almost all the remain camp. All everyone seems to say about remaining is how much worse off we'll all be rather than how wonderful it is going to be. Rather sad really when those in favour are not that enthusiastic either.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

If Corbyn were to join the leave camp, and we voted to stay, he'll be totally finished. You've got to admit it would be a massive and stupid risk.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is this really the best you can do? Why don't the Brexit mob give us a figure for leaving then we can compare ?

you're ok with them lieing outright about the effects of leaving? i suppose in at any cost for you. personally i accept there would be a small negative effect for a few years, but the medium and longer term is simply too unpredictable to make any real claim. to then take GDP and divide by households is a gross distortion of their own projection - how many have a household income of ~ £75k which is the equvilient figure today, and about 3 times the actual number post tax. to then insinuate that this is an immediate effect is shamefull lieing. why cant they keep to the facts, even their own speculative forecasts without resorting to such measures? i suppose because they dont want to have a proper debate, just ram home the fear of leaving. its been a sad debate with too little proper infomation from either side.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If Corbyn were to join the leave camp, and we voted to stay, he'll be totally finished. You've got to admit it would be a massive and stupid risk.

And he wants to stay and if we vote to leave he'll be finished......what point are you trying to make?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here