Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Keep the £4,300 each year, no to brexit

what do you plan to do with your £4,300 next year? will they be paying it as a lump sum or is it monthly?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Says the person who thinks every member of the EU has an equal say, EU immigration can be controlled and that the EU is reformable.

You come back with evidence that proves otherwise.

It's really important this debate is driven by facts and not hyperbole.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
what do you plan to do with your £4,300 next year? will they be paying it as a lump sum or is it monthly?

Again, £4,300 is a crooked fact. The is the figure that is averaged out across every household. It is still a monumental figure and would cause significant damage to the economy, but it must be seen as an average figure. Both Remain and Leave must talk in facts.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
so what is the point of the EU?

A very powerful trading bloc that we are a part of. Access to a huge market and access to a rich employment market. Through the trading bloc, access to other markets and the removal of red tape. The ability to work closely with neighbours to agree common legislation.

What is wrong? Waste. It can be much much more efficient.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Again, £4,300 is a crooked fact. The is the figure that is averaged out across every household. It is still a monumental figure and would cause significant damage to the economy, but it must be seen as an average figure. Both Remain and Leave must talk in facts.

is this insistence coming from Brussels :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is certainly true nuance is often lost in these threads. I don't think having a disproportionate influence or guiding the direction of the EU can be interpreted as Germany winning the war!

I'm astounded anyone can be content with a British Prime Minister needing permission from the Germans to increase control of our borders but that is the situation we find ourselves in.

Agree with you this thread isn't about changing minds it's about arguing the toss for no apparent reason. :D

I enjoy reading your posts. All the best :bigwave:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It is certainly true nuance is often lost in these threads. I don't think having a disproportionate influence or guiding the direction of the EU can be interpreted as Germany winning the war!

I'm astounded anyone can be content with a British Prime Minister needing permission from the Germans to increase control of our borders but that is the situation we find ourselves in.

Agree with you this thread isn't about changing minds it's about arguing the toss for no apparent reason. :D

You mean I haven't convinced hundreds? ???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
gideon (george Osbourne) is now saying that house prices will fall by as much as 15% if we leave the EU
yipee maybe rents will go down too?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You come back with evidence that proves otherwise.

It's really important this debate is driven by facts and not hyperbole.

If you don't know one vote each in the council of ministers doesn't equate to equal influence or that we have bug*er all control of EU immigration or that reforming the EU in a direction away from ever closer union is unachievable then you are quite possibly the most uninformed person contributing to this thread which is quite an achievement.

As a lover of facts please show me one EU treaty that hasn't reinforced ever closer union... Or how we can limit EU immigration ..Or how we can or have reform/ed the EU in a direction more to our liking?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And with an ever depreciating £ post Brexit your house will become more and more worthless over time, whilst imprts will ge tmore and more expensive. No american style fridge freezer

scare mongering.............house prices fall and mortgages rise? you could not make it up....oh hang on

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
And with an ever depreciating £ post Brexit your house will become more and more worthless over time, whilst imprts will ge tmore and more expensive. No american style fridge freezer

lots of cheap rents then .....................................can't wait

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
lots of cheap rents then .....................................can't wait

probably go up,to recoup monies lost .............win win will pay for all those expensive imports we hear about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here