Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester - Team Without a Rival

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'd suggest that if what I wrote was 'utter crap', what you said was stratospheric in its crapness.

Still, you know best.

I do know best every Leicester fan I know and thats quite a few not one has ever never mentioned Coventry City !
Either Derby or Forest but mainly Derby !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'd suggest that if what I wrote was 'utter crap', what you said was stratospheric in its crapness.

Still, you know best.

This poll was done five years ago you div, and the poll was about who they felt at the precise moment in time were their football rivals in terms of which division they were in and it was only marked as Coventry, because they were in the same division at the time and Derby and Forest weren't you idiot.
Take a look aat these remarks on the same poll you looked at from fiver nearly six years ago ha ha ha !!

Coventry is miles away and I feel they're no bigger rivals than anyone else in the country

1. Forest
2. Derby

Simples. Coventry aren't even rivals for me so are therefore not listed.

Of the three, I dislike Derby the most.

Coventry?!?!?! :blink:

actually scratch that

WHOO THE **** ARE COVENTREEEEEEE ???

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/70098-leicesters-biggest-rivals/

Poll on who Leicester's biggest rivals are from on of their forums. It is from 5 years ago but still.

Forest- 58.94%
Coventry- 26.49%
Derby- 9.93%
Other- 4.64%

I do know best every Leicester fan I know and thats quite a few not one has ever never mentioned Coventry City !
Either Derby or Forest but mainly Derby !!

Possibly but Derby and Forest don't give a flying **** about Leicester so it doesn't count.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Possibly but Derby and Forest don't give a flying **** about Leicester so it doesn't count.

I wonder (obvious geographics play a part) but both Forest and Derby had good times in the 70s and 80s,i wonder (and let's hope) if Leicester do win the Premier this year,whether things may change,that said it helps if the teams play each other.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This poll was done five years ago you div, and the poll was about who they felt at the precise moment in time were their football rivals in terms of which division they were in and it was only marked as Coventry, because they were in the same division at the time and Derby and Forest weren't you idiot.
Take a look aat these remarks on the same poll you looked at from fiver nearly six years ago ha ha ha !!

Coventry is miles away and I feel they're no bigger rivals than anyone else in the country

1. Forest
2. Derby

Simples. Coventry aren't even rivals for me so are therefore not listed.

Of the three, I dislike Derby the most.

Coventry?!?!?! :blink:

actually scratch that

WHOO THE **** ARE COVENTREEEEEEE ???

That stress'll kill you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolute tosh! Forest Derby is a much bigger rivalry but Lesta hate them both. Lesta Chelsea also always had an edge.Chelsea used to sing about Lesta b4 the JCLs took over.

The Lesta song was a joke - loads of clubs used to sing about them back then.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
Anecdotal evidence, but i think this depends significantly on where you're from in the club's catchment area e.g. almost everyone i know who despises Pompey is from West Sussex. round my way (east of the East side) nobody could give a tuppeny toss about them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Still, you know best.

Coventry "ought" to be Leicester's main rival, but it isn't. Their fans care most about Forest, although it's been largely unrequited since around 1960 - before then, Forest v Leicester was the big East Midlands rivalry apparently. As everybody knows, Forest obviously care much more about Derby and obviously don't like losing to Notts either (although game that is rarely played and Notts are just too small for them anyway). Derby and Leicester don't like each other (much like us and Portsmouth) but fans of both tend to agree that it is not the main game for either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here