Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's looking forward to the playoffs?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Looks like today is about trying to eliminate Hull from the proceedings. Sadly Burnley's functional win and Boro's almost certain victory means we just have to concentrate on our own games and we'll see where we are after the Boro/Burnley game. Forest is now must win for auto'sin my opinion. Win it and we are still in the mix pissing off the top two who cannot understand why we haven't gone away yet.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Looks like today is about trying to eliminate Hull from the proceedings. Sadly Burnley's functional win and Boro's almost certain victory means we just have to concentrate on our own games and we'll see where we are after the Boro/Burnley game. Forest is now must win for auto'sin my opinion. Win it and we are still in the mix pissing off the top two who cannot understand why we haven't gone away yet.

We haven't gone away as we are yet to play anyone decent yet

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If we're in the play offs I would worry, we'd have to win two out of three consecutive sky tv games. We have done that this season, but it's not something we've done a lot.

For those struggling with the 'it's (promtion) still in our hands'

Middlesbrough maximum: 97 points
Burnley Maximum: 95 points
Brighton Maximum: 93 points.

We win all our games to finish on 93 leaves

Middlesbrough: 94 maximum
Burnley: 95 maximum

Boro to play Burnley

Burnley win: Burnley max: 95, Boro Max: 91
Boro win: Burnley max: 92, Boro Max: 94
Draw: Burnley max: 93, Boro Max: 92 (theoretically we could finish above burnley on goal difference, but that would require a turnaround of 14, unlikely to happen in 5/6 games if Burnley are winning all but one of them)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we're in the play offs I would worry, we'd have to win two out of three consecutive sky tv games.
We only need to be drawing in the 90 minutes, so not quite comparable to the league matches. And at least we've played well in the last couple of games on TV.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace are safe and we'll be in the Championship next year. :down:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Good thing is in my opinion that pressure is 'off' in as much that play-offs are pretty likely.

Ergo, Chris can encourage a positive approach, starting obviously on Monday, and if it does not work out then we enter the lottlery of the play-offs with more or less a fit squad and knowing that we have as good, if not better, opportunity than the other 3 sides.

Rollercoaster journey, bring it on.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Have I missed something? Did we lose today?

We been destined for the play offs since 8-05 pm last Tuesday if you believe what was written by the doom merchants on the Brum official match thread.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, it is still in our own hands.

Ignoring games against each other, maximum points for each team are:

Boro 97
Burnley 95
Brighton 93

However.

For us to get 93 means we beat Boro so they can then only get 94. If Boro get 94, that means they beat Burnley, so their maximum goes down to 92. Even if Boro and Burnley draw, that would then not be enough for Boro as Burnley and us would finish on 93 and Boro on 92.

So yes. Win our next 6 matches and we are promoted. I'm going for a lie down now, my head hurts.

Bit of a sense of deja vu when reading this post! Two days ago - or three was it - we had the same debate. Perhaps it should be made a sticky:

If we win our next six matches we will go up!

Last edited:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I have a feeling that the unpredicatable B'ham will have an impact upon our season, playing both of the big boys at home. COME ON BRUM.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If we don't manage to make the top two, then we'll have a decent chance in the play offs. We've got a fine team.

If we don't go up. it's been a really exciting season and we've got it all to look forward to next year. It's all good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here