Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford after Knockaert

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
True, but by comparison, we are neither illustrious nor deserving of the BIG club tag... Just saying... I wish some of us would attempt at being humble when shouting down some other clubs in this division.

As for Preston, they're a fantastic club with great fans and a proud and considerable history. They seem to be matching our first season under Poyet at this level.

Sorry but I do care, as I love football.

And Huddersfield. They won the league in three successive seasons, and have a very illustrious history.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yes you could. Otherwise you wouldn't have said that we were the only one of the top 9 never to be in the Premier League, as if football only started in 1992.

Yep I was thinking the same thing.

What would Sir Tom Finney thought of this! Obviously he was no Peter Ward!

Only joking...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am going to throw another scenario into the mix on this subject and concerns about players moving on. What if it is us ourselves who replace some of them with even better players if we do not make it up this year, in an attempt to ensure that we do next year ?????

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am going to throw another scenario into the mix on this subject and concerns about players moving on. What if it is us ourselves who replace some of them with even better players if we do not make it up this year, in an attempt to ensure that we do next year ?????

Youre not from round here, are you,cwith youre fancy ways and stuff

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All I am saying is that this squad is an evolving and transitional one and hopefully ever improving one

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only way to satisfy many on here would be to replace AK with either Noone or Buckley. :lol: :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're kidding right? We need to be replacing them with Messi, Neymar, Sergio Busquets, J Lloyd Samuel and Jonathon Derbyshire
I thought Messi was too overweight to play for the Albion, plus he's not very good at defending corners.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Noticed someone above saying our recruitment team are great, really?, £1.5m million on Elvis says it all.

No it doesn't.

Name me a club that has signed great players EVERY single time?

Alex Ferguson at United: Bebe £7.8 million, Veron £28 million, Zaha £10 million and never started a league match, Anderson £26 million, Zoran Tosic (who?) cost £7 million.

Mourinho: Kezman, Cuadrado, Shaun Wright Phillips, Shevchenko etc.

There are no guarantees.

I suspect you are a previously banned NSC'er who just wants to stir things.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The only way to satisfy many on here would be to replace AK with either Noone or Buckley. :lol: :facepalm:

no thanks
never go back
keep all we have(apar from those who already are on the way) if we do not go up and keep all we have even if we do and add if things go pear shaped

hate to say this but the MUFF model is looking fairly good apart from Murray that is

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think we have to be realistic, until we get to the Premier we are a stepping stone for our best players. In the Amex days we have seen Bridcutt, Buckley, Ulloa all move on. Whether it is the players desire to play in the top division or earn a bucket load of cash I don't get it myself....................
I'm sure that Houghton is building for the future however if an acceptable offer comes in for any player we have few options but too take the cash and seek a replacement.
A positive is that in general the players we have signed over the last year have increased in value which is good business if the worst case scenario happens.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No it doesn't.

Alex Ferguson at United: Bebe £7.8 million, Veron £28 million, Zaha £10 million and never started a league match, Anderson £26 million, Zoran Tosic (who?) cost £7 million.

There are no guarantees.

To me Elvis proves just how good the recruitment has been.

For every other signing to be at or comfortably surpass expectations proves just how good they have been.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
No it doesn't.

There are no guarantees.

Calm down. I was just saying.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Calm down. I was just saying.

Hemed off as he looks tired. I'd run for 2 hours solid for his wages.

Sidwell is playing so expect the same.

Seems Hughton is trying to make the play offs instead of promotion.

The club had to act as season tickets were nose diving and the momentum was going backwards. Let's hope the club doesn't make the same mistakes.

If we don't get promoted and sell our best players then can see disgruntled season ticket holders frustrating their anger as a great renewal rate expects great things next season whatever division...

Just listened to the Hughton interview and no mention of why he made the substitutions. He needs to be asked why does he keeep reverting to 4-5-1 when we're winning and more so when we're at home.

Totally agree. If we fail to go up then we'll be raided for Dunk, Goldson, Knockart, Solly, Hemed, Kayal, Stephens.

The club won't stand in their way either.

He's truly shocking yet Hughton still plays him. Forget promotion with the ginger bread man in the team. I'd rather see Elvis than useless Sidwell.

Think Sidwell will be our downfall.

Sidwell needs to go. Hughton has done it again. Why bring Sidwell on as he's shit.

You say many things. And they all have a whiff of **** about them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here