Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford after Knockaert

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am going to throw another scenario into the mix on this subject and concerns about players moving on. What if it is us ourselves who replace some of them with even better players if we do not make it up this year, in an attempt to ensure that we do next year ?????

Even if we do get promoted I would think a number will be considered as being not good enough for The Premier. I am sure I read that Burnley have said they will replace 8 of their current team if promoted.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Even if we do get promoted I would think a number will be considered as being not good enough for The Premier. I am sure I read that Burnley have said they will replace 8 of their current team if promoted.

Not that I give one jot about Burnley but if their Management team have come out and said that then if I played for them, I would think ''**** them. They can get themselves promoted''

I don't think our Management team would ever make such a statement because it would infuriate some of the current squad who have been putting in such an effort week after week. The Brighton squad is a work in progress. There are only 2 transfer windows in and every new transfer window would be all about making improvements. Gone are the days of sentimentality in football. That's not good for fans because fans need to ''hero worship'' that's all part of football. Especially for the people who take their kids to matches because all kids like to have a hero. As a kid mine was Peter Marinello.

I only had to read some stuff on here to know that still applies today, especially when Rohan Ince was about to be sent out on loan. People had sort of adopted him as a potential star given that he came through the youth ranks and were reluctant to see him leave on loan.

The Manager and the coaching staff cant allow themselves to think like that. They have to simply look to constantly try and improve the team every time a transfer window comes around, even although it must be hard for them because they work with the lads, day in day out.

It is a brutal business nowadays which is sad in some ways but ultimately people move on too, especially if the new ones who come in, do actually improve the team

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No it doesn't.

Name me a club that has signed great players EVERY single time?

Alex Ferguson at United: Bebe £7.8 million, Veron £28 million, Zaha £10 million and never started a league match, Anderson £26 million, Zoran Tosic (who?) cost £7 million.

Mourinho: Kezman, Cuadrado, Shaun Wright Phillips, Shevchenko etc.

There are no guarantees.

I suspect you are a previously banned NSC'er who just wants to stir things.

They also make mistakes. Didn't Alex Ferguson let Paul Pogba go ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not that I give one jot about Burnley but if their Management team have come out and said that then if I played for them, I would think ''**** them. They can get themselves promoted''

I don't think our Management team would ever make such a statement because it would infuriate some of the current squad who have been putting in such an effort week after week. The Brighton squad is a work in progress. There are only 2 transfer windows in and every new transfer window would be all about making improvements. /QUOTE]

If it was a direct quote that was posted or an off the cuff general remark it may well have been in relation to their abysmal showing last time they got promoted and kept most of the team together.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I am pretty sure that the majority of Watford fans absolutely hate him.

I know the ones I work with do. His dive in the playoffs that won a penalty for Leicester still angers the, (even though it acted as a form of assist for them to go up the other end and score once it was saved)

Britos one of them :shrug:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dunk has to be up there as well. Even started solo runs up the field now!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
This is an old thread.

old-sewing-thread-300x200.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No way will he be sold. Finished the season very strongly and looks set to have a big year in front of him with the Albion. Would be very surprised if he doesn’t start against Watford on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here