Intentional or accidental?

• Intentional

Votes: 252 96.2%
  • Accidental

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
The way to determine whether it was intentional or not without reading Barton's mind is by asking a different question: Was it AVOIDABLE?
Well, yes, it was. After hurdling Kayal, it would have been easy for Barton to use his right leg to take the weight and avoid the leg, but instead he let himself land on him. Indefensible, why on earth the pundits let Dyche try and talk his way out of admitting Barton should have been off was ridiculous. They put him in front of that clip, and as soon as its clear he didn't have the class to concede the obvious they should have laughed at how deluded he is. And clearly its not Hughton's nature, but you do wonder how he can say he didn't think it was intentional and the battle between the two was nothing more than 'competitive'. If Pawson clearly wasn't going to, someone has got to protect the players...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mac here Doc. I don't do reasoned debate as you well know!

Happy Brirthday, sunshine.

I realised I'd made a schoolboy error the moment I clicked 'post quick reply' :wozza::lolol:

Hope all's well :kiss:

D

Deleted member 2719

I am so surprised that we didn't get a few fans on the pitch from the West lower especially when he came off the pitch still giving it loads to the fans. Barton and the weak officials really could have caused a riot.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why should intent actually matter. Two feet off the ground and totally out of control is a red card surely whether intentional or not?
It was for Murphy earlier this season and for Calderon last season when both were clearly accidental

Erasmus

Apr 3, 2016
Hughton said it was unintentional.

Kayal said it was unintentional.

The ref said it was unintentional.

The assistant said it was unintentional.

Let's move on, eh?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
not one of his worst attempts but very much deliberate in every way.....would love to meet them at Wembley.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Let's move on, eh?

I see you've made only one other post and that happens to be on the same subject...are you seriously blaming Kayal????

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I must confess when I watched it live I thought it was an accident, then I realised WHO had down it and changed my mind.

The elbow though was definitely intentional.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Let's move on, eh?

Hughton is a diplomat, Kayal doesn't want to be seen as a whiner, the ref didn't say anything - we know he made an error with the goal, if he then admits to missing other key incidents he is going to be in a bit of trouble, so it's easy to see why he would claim retrospectively (helped by Hughton's diplomacy) that he saw it and didn't think it was worthy of action, assistants often don't flag for incidents right in front of them.

None of them know if it was intentional or not. Just like Knockaert who appears to believe it was intentional, or Dermot Gallagher who thinks it was a red card offence.

The only person who knows whether it was intentional is Joey Barton and his only public comment has been "Remember folks it's a contact sport. This is not crown green bowls." hardly a full throttle defence.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He could have landed on his other foot if he had wanted to.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I voted intentional before watching it again, and now, having watched it again, see no reason to change it. He could have made a great deal more effort to avoid it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here