Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton sold out?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I don't know. I just asked whether I could switch my wife and my tickets to adjacent seats (bought separately due to different loyalty points) but they said no as sold out.

Strange as there's still 3 blocks available to purchase tickets in.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Perhaps they thought I said Charlton?! The chap I spoke to did have a Northern accent so perhaps he didn't understand me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But it does (at least sometimes)......when I tried to get tickets last week, I was Ok but my lad wasn't as I was over the points threshold and he wasn't. Message that came up at checkout time was very clear......

It gets less intuitive the more complex the transaction is. I have three on my F&F (my mate I was at QPR with and his son plus my son) and it turned out neither child had the correct points. I tried to buy for all 4. I got the error message that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] quoted on ONE fan number out of the four (and it doesn't say not enough points, it's a generic message). Then when I removed him I got the message again but for the other child. I didn't want to remove either of them at that stage so phoned up. To be fair the lady at the ticket office was lovely and very helpful (they always are) but it was a real case of "Computer says no" on the site. It isn't hard to code a specific message for each specific error on the transaction and return a variable in each. I do it every day.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Have just bought my tickets. The default section returned a message saying no availability for the numbers of tickets I requested so I simply selected the other seating section and it went through fine. Happy days !

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can't get to that part though Boz, just a dash on the screen before which I can't click on

This may be another glitch in the system, as I think it wouldn't let me see the "Buy" button until the day I had sufficient points. I guess it doesn't consider the possibility that you might be buying for someone else and just uses the logged in account as the filter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
? Charlton is usually a free-for-all isn't it?

Was last season. No one checked our tickets at all but as we were at the front and got to seats early we went to our allocated seats so the boys could see. Another group turned up five minutes later and had a bit of a faff about because they were split up and wanted to be together. It ended up that one of them was a really old mate from the Goldstone days and we mixed and matched so that everyone who needed to be together was. Stewards never said a word even when we came back from a half time wee.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
This may be another glitch in the system, as I think it wouldn't let me see the "Buy" button until the day I had sufficient points. I guess it doesn't consider the possibility that you might be buying for someone else and just uses the logged in account as the filter.

I think you're right as I'm logged in,have done this a million times and doesn't seem right.

Going to give them a call and see what they say

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Message on tickets site says single seats only and to ring them to buy. So I did, and got through to the 'overflow' team based 200 miles away from Brighton. They said there were a handful left across the away end.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just got 4 tickets together by some sort of miracle over the phone at 15.27. (not that I was worried about 4 together to be honest).

The sales guy reckoned he had about 30 left, and was taking a call every 3mins.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I've bought my Charlton ticket this afternoon. PLEASE could anyone not going, with enough points, help out in purchasing a child's ticket for my son? It would be very much appreciated!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here