Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton sold out?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, but that's irrelevant as we are not going to any extra seats - this was a discussion about the capacity of the Jimmy Seed stand.

Sorry, I sort of realised that as I posted and added the Millwall attendance. As you were.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville

I called CAFC just now and was told they would not sell to anyone who did not have a purchase history. [MENTION=1792]fataddick[/MENTION], do you think there are season ticket holders who will be present on the day, protesting, who would exchange their ST for a contribution to your protest fund?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I called CAFC just now and was told they would not sell to anyone who did not have a purchase history. @fataddick, do you think there are season ticket holders who will be present on the day, protesting, who would exchange their ST for a contribution to your protest fund?

Charlton have taken match ticket sales off their website for the game currently.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Love the irony of wanting to support their protests to get rid of their owners, but coughing up £25 or whatever straight into their owners pockets, and still requesting more

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
27,000 capacity. Just say an average ticket price is £25, that is a max match day ticket revenue of say £675,000.

They'll have what, 12,000 empty seats for this game, £300,000 lost ticket revenue. Steward off a section of the West Stand, move a few ST holders give them a voucher or something (there is hardly ever anyone in those blocks over the past 2 seasons so can only be a handful of ST's in there), sell 3k more tickets to the Albion and make a further £75,000 +sundries. If they were originally going to be say 15,000 attendance in total at @£375,000, then doing that will increase that day's gate receipt by 20%. Honestly, I'd be a bit miffed if we weren't doing the same thing in the same position...Maybe they could even provide some coaches from Brighton like they once offered?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
27,000 capacity. Just say an average ticket price is £25, that is a max match day ticket revenue of say £675,000.

They'll have what, 12,000 empty seats for this game, £300,000 lost ticket revenue. Steward off a section of the West Stand, move a few ST holders give them a voucher or something (there is hardly ever anyone in those blocks over the past 2 seasons so can only be a handful of ST's in there), sell 3k more tickets to the Albion and make a further £75,000 +sundries. If they were originally going to be say 15,000 attendance in total at @£375,000, then doing that will increase that day's gate receipt by 20%. Honestly, I'd be a bit miffed if we weren't doing the same thing in the same position...Maybe they could even provide some coaches from Brighton like they once offered?

While that is all true, the cost of policing the crowd would likely increase dramatically if they do opt to give us more.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
While that is all true, the cost of policing the crowd would likely increase dramatically if they do opt to give us more.

Would it? I thought it would be a categorised game to a level whether there are a few extra thousand away fans or not. Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't think the police were that number sensitive that a few thousand extra fans would make a difference to a game they'll be policing on an assumed attendance of 15 to 20k. Maybe I'm wrong on that :shrug:

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
So... I live in Blackheath. I have an SE3 postcode.

Do you you reckon if I forced myself to buy two tickets and go to Charlton v Derby game on the 16th, they'd let me buy 4 for the Albion game? :p

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I called CAFC just now and was told they would not sell to anyone who did not have a purchase history. [MENTION=1792]fataddick[/MENTION], do you think there are season ticket holders who will be present on the day, protesting, who would exchange their ST for a contribution to your protest fund?

No idea tbh. When there have been post-match demos arranged, quite a few people (including absentee ST holders) have just turned up for those protests. However, there haven't been official after match protests the past couple of games (getting the game delayed by chucking stuff on the pitch at kick off seems to be the new tactic) and those people wouldn't be turning up until towards the end of the match anyway. The main protest group only announce at midday on matchday what form that day's protest will take, so it's difficult to know before then if it's something that will attract absentee ST holders...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here