Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Rob Titchener

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First class work on today 1 hour special, the jury scene was brilliant. Wonder what Rob will do now...

After all that unpleasant bickering between the members of the jury, we got not a single clue about how they eventually reached any sort of verdict. Very poor scriptwriting.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
After all that unpleasant bickering between the members of the jury, we got not a single clue about how they eventually reached any sort of verdict. Very poor scriptwriting.
Wasn't it kind of implied by the last few lines we heard from the jury? When the older lady juror points out some of the other jurors life experiences. I agree though that it would have been good to hear them come a little nearer to the eventual verdict.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Wrong, once the member of the jury spoke about how he was a wife beater himself they all changed after realising they were making judgement based on their own experiences rather than the actual case.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

I'm with you on this one. I thought the jury scene was pretty ludicrous consisting of a bunch of unconvincing stereotypes (woman hater, thick embittered single mother, highly qualified Asian, posh, assertive older woman). Have to say that although Rob is a grade A knob and got what he deserved, I wasn't sold on the verdict as it was based on 'self-defence'. After all, he didn't threaten her and placed the knife in her hand. Not sure if this was a victory for justice or simply for BBC style PC. But, fair play, it got the chattering class chattering.

I had no idea this thread had been resurrected!
What I find pretty shocking is that Rob had access to his own son severely restricted on the basis that he gave his wife a slap (literally), yet the fact that she stabbed him has no bearing at all!
It's absolutely outrageous.
If only I drank tea I could tweet my support for Helen
moo.gif
I've no idea why tweeting might depend on drinking tea.

Last edited:

What I find pretty shocking is that Rob had access to his own son severely restricted on the basis that he gave his wife a slap (literally), yet the fact that she stabbed him has no bearing at all!

The judge in the Family Court was, of course, the same judge who had heard the evidence in the Criminal Court. Maybe he, like the jury, had been convinced by the evidence that Rob had raped both of his wives? That is more than just giving Helen a slap.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've no idea why tweeting might depend on drinking tea.

Seems a few things you have no idea about...anyways Rob all the best in the new job with Justin :D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The judge in the Family Court was, of course, the same judge who had heard the evidence in the Criminal Court. Maybe he, like the jury, had been convinced by the evidence that Rob had raped both of his wives? That is more than just giving Helen a slap.

Plus he did throw away Henrys Easter bunny

Plus he did throw away Henrys Easter bunny
:lol:

It's funny how some of these women stay to get 'raped' time and time again, and then only report it when it suits them. I'm obviously not talking about those women who are physically trapped in a relationship with a violent man, who they know will track them down and harm them if they try to leave.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
:lol:

It's funny how some of these women stay to get 'raped' time and time again, and then only report it when it suits them. I'm obviously not talking about those women who are physically trapped in a relationship with a violent man, who they know will track them down and harm them if they try to leave.
It's called fear.

You clearly don't understand how domestic violence affects victims, or how perpetrators operate.

http://www.sussex.police.uk/advice/protect-yourself-and-others/domestic-abuse/

https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/cr...mestic-abuse?gclid=CJPQ-Y3nu88CFfMW0wodETIOtA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here