Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Burnley

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Very much the EPITOME of a Sean Dyche side. Thankfully he is a dinosaur and they are becoming rarer. Like you say very much smash it up to the big man.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pretty much agree. Burnley are not top of the league by accident, they're an organised, disciplined, balanced team with a tremendous will to win. We played better football today but they disrupted us and pressured us and kept believing.

If only we could defend corners. It hurt us today just as it did at home against Boro. One thing we could learn from them both is the value of getting your set-pieces right.

I do wonder what Calderwood brings and I have to say our defending this season from set pieces is shit. Thats my only concern considering we have a manager who was a defender and his assistant who was a defender.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It was clear we played the "better" football as a spectacle but Burnley were just fantastic at set pieces. Is it pretty? Not really.

But if you know that you are probably going to score 1 in 4 corners then that's like having an goal head start every game.

Vokes was supreme and Gray is just a nightmare. Should get promotion.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'm not sure I agree with the "fantastic" at set pieces. The amount of manhandling that Stockdale received from Ward, every single corner, should have been a free kick every single time. As for Barton, he shouldn't have been on the pitch after the stamp.

Disappointed that we didn't win, but then I again I don't live in Burnley so an almighty positive from me :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not sure I agree with the "fantastic" at set pieces.

I would.

EVERY delivery was dangerous. I may be wrong but I'm sure they won the first ball on EVERY one....apart from the one we headed out for a corner which they then THUMPED in.

Both goals, set pieces + a good goal from a set piece disallowed.

So 3 set piece goals in one game? That's pretty fantastic in my view. Vokes basically punches Goldson off the ball before the header but creates a CHASM of space. It may not look pretty and I'm sure we all feel aggrieved by it but it was fantastic training-ground stuff.

I've been SO annoyed when we've given away corners. It was obvious the equaliser would come from one.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Simple! Burnley will play in the Premier League next season - then what?

They are a large Lancashire village - the smallest town in the top two divisions - one of the smallest in the whole football league.

Objectively, they have only one direction to go - it's just a question of how long it takes them and how far they will fall?

Brighton, however, have moved up to a new level in the past 5 years. Brighton is one of Britain’s premier and most famous city’s. At last we have a football club to match the city’s status.

In the future, it will be very rare to see Burnley in a higher league position than Brighton. We just need patience.

Expect great things Seagull fans – it is inevitable!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

They are a large Lancashire village - the smallest town in the top two divisions - one of the smallest in the whole football league.

Objectively, they have only one direction to go - it's just a question of how long it takes them and how far they will fall?

Brighton, however, have moved up to a new level in the past 5 years. Brighton is one of Britain’s premier and most famous city’s. At last we have a football club to match the city’s status.

In the future, it will be very rare to see Burnley in a higher league position than Brighton. We just need patience.

**** me .

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

What a load of tosh! The bigger the city you are the more successful😄, that may have been the case when attendances mattered for raising money years ago but now all that matters is the minimum £100m in the premier.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

What a load of tosh. Bristol is a great city. Lincoln is a great city. How come the Gas and the Imps aren't in the top flight?

By all means point to the investment being made in our academy and the professional way the club is run, but don't make silly claims about city status as a reason for knocking Burnley or others.

This whole 'Burnley is a dump' attitude sits really uncomfortably with me. It make NSC look like a bunch of jumped up arrogant idiots.

In the interest of balance, here is a link to the Wycoller Village & Park near Burnley. Looks lovely. Rather like Stamner Park.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What a load of tosh. Bristol is a great city. Lincoln is a great city. How come the Gas and the Imps aren't in the top flight?

By all means point to the investment being made in our academy and the professional way the club is run, but don't make silly claims about city status as a reason for knocking Burnley or others.

This whole 'Burnley is a dump' attitude sits really uncomfortably with me. It make NSC look like a bunch of jumped up arrogant idiots.

In the interest of balance, here is a link to the Wycoller Village & Park near Burnley. Looks lovely. Rather like Stamner Park.

Agreed. I teach at Turf Moor quite often and there's some gorgeous surroundings.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we were where they were at this point in the season and had just scraped a point in injury time when all looked lost, having been outplayed for much of the match, then we'd be going bananas too. That was a massively vital goal in the context of their season (and ours unfortunately).

I've always been largely indifferent to Burnley, but by the time I arrived at The Cyclist on Saturday afternoon I was overflowing with Barton-inspired loathing and would tell anyone who would listen that I wanted "anyone but Burnley" to go up.

We then spent a few hours in the company of a couple of Burnley fans and by the time we parted ways some time and many pints later, I had chilled about the whole thing. They are a club run the right way by (I am led to believe) life-long fans. Given the size of the place and the close proximity to many more glamorous options, they are remarkably well-supported and have done amazingly well. It's hard to be bitter about a proper old football club like Burnley doing well.

I still ****ing hate Joey Barton though.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If we were where they were at this point in the season and had just scraped a point in injury time when all looked lost, having been outplayed for much of the match, then we'd be going bananas too. That was a massively vital goal in the context of their season (and ours unfortunately).

I've always been largely indifferent to Burnley, but by the time I arrived at The Cyclist on Saturday afternoon I was overflowing with Barton-inspired loathing and would tell anyone who would listen that I wanted "anyone but Burnley" to go up.

We then spent a few hours in the company of a couple of Burnley fans and by the time we parted ways some time and many pints later, I had chilled about the whole thing. They are a club run the right way by (I am led to believe) life-long fans. Given the size of the place and the close proximity to many more glamorous options, they are remarkably well-supported and have done amazingly well. It's hard to be bitter about a proper old football club like Burnley doing well.

I ****ing hate Joey Barton still though.

I wish I thought like this but no, f*ck 'em. Dirty hoof ball cheating tw*ts

Jan 10, 2014

:lolol:

Burnley seasons.....

1st tier - 53
2nd tier - 46
3rd tier - 11
4th tier - 7

Brighton seasons......,

1st tier - 4
2nd tier - 22
3rd tier - 56
4th tier - 7

You can knock a dozen or so seasons off Burnley's 1st tier number for when it was an exclusive club for league entry, if you like 'Data'point.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
:lolol:

Burnley seasons.....

1st tier - 53
2nd tier - 46
3rd tier - 11
4th tier - 7

Brighton seasons......,

1st tier - 4
2nd tier - 22
3rd tier - 56
4th tier - 7

You can knock a dozen or so seasons off Burnley's 1st tier number for when it was an exclusive club for league entry, if you like 'Data'point.

While it has already been pointed out that the poster may have been on powders, i'm not sure what relevance posting this has on his monologue about the future of both clubs?

As usual you just spout a load of wartime history that nobody gives a **** about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here