Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky Sports £54 price rise

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
As I can't get to games any more, I get Sky Sports 1, 2 & 5 for £23.00 per month through BT TV so I wonder what this price increase will bring to me.

Never ever wanted the movies and other c--p which was purveyed so my present arrangement suits but depends upon what now happens !

IT is all going seriously t-t- up at the mo !

Jan 30, 2008
As I can't get to games any more, I get Sky Sports 1, 2 & 5 for £23.00 per month through BT TV so I wonder what this price increase will bring to me.

Never ever wanted the movies and other c--p which was purveyed so my present arrangement suits but depends upon what now happens !

IT is all going seriously t-t- up at the mo !

RUINATION Of FOOTBALL lets **** off some of these football pundits as well
regards
DR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Binned it off years ago.

NowTV ( which is in fact Sky but less than £10 a month ) and freeview is good enough for me - along with beers in the pub when the albion are televised.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Kodi is totally free and if you've look hard you will find anything you want to. Everything APART from sport is easily accessible, in HD. I tried this service out a few times and although it defeats the object of Kodi content being totally free, for £20pm (ish) on a month by month pay as you go service, is absolutely brilliant

http://ruyaxl.com

3pm kick offs included (Prem) all in HD

Just saying...

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I should be moving to new Zealand next month . they have sky but like here is very expensive . Also id imagine it will just be rugby all the time. I really need to try to understand kodi and these zgemma boxes. would they work over there? what are they even ?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I never had a sports subscription until I went To live abroad and it became a cheap option. Then I got used to it and simply decided I couldn't do without it when I came back to the UK in 2008. I just ditched my SkySports package two days back. I like my sport and got good use from the channels but I can't keep pace with the constant price rises. Enough is enough. I didn't ask the *******s to shower money on Crystal Palace and I certainly don't have to pay for it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Received the letter from Sky this morning, and it's time to ditch Sky methinks.

Letter was classic marketing disingenuous slipperiness.

The rise was shown as £4.50 a month (yet whenever the Murdoch press quote the TV licence fee it's shown as £149 a year to make it appear more expensive), and there's no reference to the actual total cost, which is now £62 a month, or £744 a year.

This comes on top of a larger rise last year.

For that you don't even get HD.

No doubt Sky will claim that they have to recoup the cost of the new football deal, but no one forced them to pay such a sum to the PL, and similarly no one is forcing me to subscribe, so it's goodnight from me, and goodbye to them.

No offence Keiran but people like yourself often say they will chuck Sky in but never do. It's simply letting off hot air on a forum. I wager you don't.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No offence Keiran but people like yourself often say they will chuck Sky in but never do. It's simply letting off hot air on a forum. I wager you don't.

No offence taken Spence. I'm still not with Sky and not missing it a bit!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon the money is better spent on beer in a pub showing albion games.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No offence taken Spence. I'm still not with Sky and not missing it a bit!
Fair enough. Leave it for a year and you will be treated like a new customer with all the new things like new box,better deal, free money vouchers etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here