Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to be buried or cremated?...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
No need for any pomp = When I choose to go I''ll take my kayak a few miles offshore, drink a quart of rum, gobble a 10 pack of vals and blaze a huge cone and then slide off to sleep in the glorious water of the Indian Ocean - food for fish.

Be sure to remember to pack some Factor 30+ as you'll likely forget the extra rays you'll pick up from the water.
Sunburn is the last thing you want after a nice day out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I suppose the next question is what sort of tree would you like to support? If it is only one, then I'll go for a yew as they could grow for 3000 years or more. If I could be more pretentious then I'd go for an avenue of beeches leading to my grave.
Ohhh hadn't thought of that

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Burial should be illegal. Scandalous waste of land.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Went to a friends funeral service in Ronda at the beginning of February this year, as she sadly and very suddenly died on a flight back from the UK . The service was held at a Tanatorio in Ronda [Mortuary and Crematorium in one unit]. All so low key as she was a non believer, no prayers but loud rock music whilst we 'mourners' chatted around the coffin, and husband, a fellow non believer supplied felt markers to write messages on the coffin. As is the case in Spain there was a tapas bar within the Tanatorio so 'mourners' toasted her in her journey and after a decent period of time low key staff came to take the coffin away to do the necessary, very discreet and without the drama of final curtains etc. Having been to too many cremations in the UK including my parents and close friends I've decided that this is the way to go...........but not yet please!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well you asked for it. I don't give a toss because I'll be dead. Eaten by dogs, therefore, is at least 'green'. Recycled.

<mod edit> image removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ameliaance

Feb 22, 2016
Into burial pods maybe. I want to help transform tombstone-filled cemeteries into memorial forests. :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here