Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ian Holloway[/h] Football Expert

Last Updated: 31/03/16 4:46pm

andre-gray-burnley-derby_3405061.jpg
andre-gray-burnley-derby_3405061.jpg

Andre Gray is important for Burnley, says Ian Holloway

Ian Holloway believes Burnley have too much for Brighton this weekend, and they will pick up a vital win on the south coast that will see them open up an imposing gap at the top.
The biggest crowd in over three years at the Amex Stadium is anticipated for the top-of-the-table encounter, live on Sky Sports 1 HD, with the Clarets currently four points clear of Saturday's hosts.
While there will still be plenty of twists and turns along the way, the winner of this pivotal clash will certainly fancy their chances of promotion to the top flight.
212.png
160.png

[h=3]Brighton vs Burnley[/h]
April 2, 2016, 12:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

And Sky Sports pundit Holloway believes that the visitors have the edge and will take some stopping en route to promotion.
"One of these will be crying, and I think it will be Brighton," Holloway said. "If Burnley were a boxer, they'd have the toughest chin. They can win ugly, take a punch.
"Brighton have to go for it, and that will leave them open for a smash and grab.
16-9
ian-holloway-columnist-pundit-football_3333136.jpg

[h=2]If Burnley were a boxer, they'd have the toughest chin. They can win ugly, take a punch.[/h] Ian Holloway

"Andre Gray will be on the scoresheet for Burnley. He is so important at this time of the season, with his quality causing defences all kinds of problems.
"That sort of player can be the difference between promotion and staying in the Championship."
Middlesbrough face a tough trip to QPR on Friday night, live on Sky Sports 1 HD, while other promotion hopefuls Hull welcome in-form Bristol City to the KC Stadium, and Holloway believes neither will pick up wins - aiding the Clarets' cause yet further.
aitor-karanka-middlesbrough_3433668.jpg
aitor-karanka-middlesbrough_3433668.jpg

Aitor Karanka faces a tough trip to QPR

"Obviously, Middlesbrough are going for it, but QPR away from home is a big scalp, and I don't think they'll get it," Holloway said.
"Jimmy [Floyd-Hasselbaink] is getting his feet under the table, and they'll be too tough a nut to crack.
"Boro will want three, but I don't think they'll get it. Sebastian Polter has been in great form of late, and I fancy him for a first goal. He got one last week, and fancy him for more. Top player. He just needs to get his hair sorted!
411.png
389.png

[h=3]QPR vs M'boro[/h]
April 1, 2016, 7:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

"I think Hull will slip up here. Bristol city hit six last time, and have made an excellent signing in the form of Peter Odemwingie, and I think he can be the difference here.
"This could be deemed a shock, but Hull are in a bit of blip, despite playing well enough, and Bristol City are on a bit of a roll now. It is very difficult to get the win at this time of year when you are expected to."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here