Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Tickets

theboybilly

It's always a shame that happens, but that's where we are all the while there are gimps at football matches who are likely to cause trouble.

The other issue you are ignoring is that you'd need segregated concourses with all the facilities to cope with a segregated away section. The Amex apparently has the most flexible segregation in the country, and yet even that doesn't prevent the club having to use prime behind-the-goal seats as a segregated area. What hope do Charlton have when their ground was rebuilt a decade or 2 ago?

One day Charlton will decide to upgrade the Jimmy Seed Stand (the away end ) When they do I hope they use the Amex as a template. Filling the corners will provide the segregation flexibility they require. As it is The Valley remains one of my favourite away grounds in all the leagues

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Let's hope Charlton offer more tickets surly even Charlton fans would prefer a bigger crowd.

Er, the exact opposite. Not sure if you've missed it in the media but Charlton fans are at war with our owners and are currently trying to hit them in the pocket wherever possible. Around 3,000 of our 10k ST holders actively boycott the ground; people are refusing to buy food, drink or programmes etc; and the supporters groups have called for a full boycott of buying STs for next season.

Average attendance at present is around 11k (the 14k usually announced includes the 3k non attending ST holders) and fans group are hoping to get actual attendances down to as little as 5k next season. It's sad to want your home attendances to be as low as possible, but that's a short term pain for the longer term gain of forcing the owners out.

Obviously it's not fans of other clubs' fight, but anyone who puts ticket money into the hands of the idiots currently running Charlton is a scab imho. (FWIW I've long argued that the fans groups should set up some kind of database of the non attending ST holders, and a means for anyone buying a single match ticket - including away fans - to use one of these STs, in exchange for a £10 donation to the protest fund, instead of paying full price to the ownership.)

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
One day Charlton will decide to upgrade the Jimmy Seed Stand (the away end ) When they do I hope they use the Amex as a template. Filling the corners will provide the segregation flexibility they require. As it is The Valley remains one of my favourite away grounds in all the leagues

Back in the far distant Premier League days, Charlton received planning permission to up the capacity to 41k (currently it's 27k). Apart from a few thousand in a second tier on the East Stand, this increase was all based around the Jimmy Seed stand (away end), knocking the whole existing stand down and building a new triple tier stand with filled in corners there. Three tiers and a 9k or whatever capacity would have clearly provided huge flexibility re away allocations, but these plans were obviously shelved with our drop down the divisions. Then someone idiotically let an outgoing director take some land adjoining the stadium as part of a takeover deal. This land has since had houses built on, meaning that any major redevelopment is probably no longer practical/possible, ho hum.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Just spoken to a Charlton mate and he said last year they gave the mighty Bournemouth more tickets than the normal away end, but the locals were not happy about it, but he said you can never predict what their board does and upsetting the fans is not a major concern for them, so it could happen again.

Bournemouth were given an extra 1,400 seats in the West Upper (a third of the upper tier nearest the away end) on the last day of last season, but it didn't go down well with ST holders moved out of their usual seats. Partly as the club compensated them with a voucher for a free pie before the game, but the caterers didn't order any extra pies (or put on any extra staff) so the vast majority never actually got one anyway. The owners don't give a stuff about upsetting the home fans these days anyway, so to be honest I expect Charlton would give Brighton as many extra seats as they wanted if they could.

The Met Police would almost certainly refuse any increased away attendance, though, as they have their hands full enough policing the home crowd (and all the various different protests) these days. Indeed, New Scotland Yard issued an official statement on protests at the Valley (threatening arrests etc) earlier this week. Also, any away fans in the West Stand would have to exit the stadium through a car park that is the scene of large anti-owner protests after every game, which is another reason that I can't see it happening in the current climate.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Er, the exact opposite. Not sure if you've missed it in the media but Charlton fans are at war with our owners and are currently trying to hit them in the pocket wherever possible. Around 3,000 of our 10k ST holders actively boycott the ground; people are refusing to buy food, drink or programmes etc; and the supporters groups have called for a full boycott of buying STs for next season.

Average attendance at present is around 11k (the 14k usually announced includes the 3k non attending ST holders) and fans group are hoping to get actual attendances down to as little as 5k next season. It's sad to want your home attendances to be as low as possible, but that's a short term pain for the longer term gain of forcing the owners out.

Obviously it's not fans of other clubs' fight, but anyone who puts ticket money into the hands of the idiots currently running Charlton is a scab imho. (FWIW I've long argued that the fans groups should set up some kind of database of the non attending ST holders, and a means for anyone buying a single match ticket - including away fans - to use one of these STs, in exchange for a £10 donation to the protest fund, instead of paying full price to the ownership.)

Really is a bit harsh calling fans of other clubs scabs (on their message board) for wanting to support their own - although I do have every sympathy for your lot, that's probably not the best way to go about getting more support

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Bournemouth were given an extra 1,400 seats in the West Upper (a third of the upper tier nearest the away end) on the last day of last season, but it didn't go down well with ST holders moved out of their usual seats. Partly as the club compensated them with a voucher for a free pie before the game, but the caterers didn't order any extra pies (or put on any extra staff) so the vast majority never actually got one anyway. The owners don't give a stuff about upsetting the home fans these days anyway, so to be honest I expect Charlton would give Brighton as many extra seats as they wanted if they could.

The Met Police would almost certainly refuse any increased away attendance, though, as they have their hands full enough policing the home crowd (and all the various different protests) these days. Indeed, New Scotland Yard issued an official statement on protests at the Valley (threatening arrests etc) earlier this week. Also, any away fans in the West Stand would have to exit the stadium through a car park that is the scene of large anti-owner protests after every game, which is another reason that I can't see it happening in the current climate.

Well - a very informative summary -cheers Addick but I think you might lose some Albion sympathisers if no extra tickets are forthcoming.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'll take 4 please! :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

This is a bloody brilliant idea. Like [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] I'll take another 4. And I'll join the Charlton protest by not buy a pie or beer in the ground.

A Charlton supporting work colleague tells me that ST's are quite prepared to hand over their tickets to Albion fans. He's offered me a few if I can't get an away ticket. Any truth in that?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is a bloody brilliant idea. Like [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] I'll take another 4. And I'll join the Charlton protest by not buy a pie or beer in the ground.

A Charlton supporting work colleague tells me that ST's are quite prepared to hand over their tickets to Albion fans. He's offered me a few if I can't get an away ticket. Any truth in that?

I'll raise you no pies or beer in the ground, and I'll take a slash on the owner's car in the car park!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll raise you no pies or beer in the ground, and I'll take a slash on the owner's car in the car park!

I'll see you with a run across the Valley pitch planting myself in front of the director's box and ripping some poor unsuspecting Addick's season ticket in half.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Top idea fella. Any chance you can start organising this for our visit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here