Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radicalisation in Brighton

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Glad it made you laugh. You condescending buffoon

The boys in question would make rude and offensive comments to women and threaten children. Its a park where children would play and given the behaviour, children and families chose not to go there.

But have your little giggle. You contribute nothing to many threads by playing a moany old get type role being contrary to any point your split personality decides to ....and on this occasion you lived down to your low benchmark

I knew you would get the hump :)

If you were as aggressive away from the keyboard as you can be on it then you too could of rustled up your own gang to intimidate the locals, 'Longridge Avenue Gang' or 'Oval Park Groovy Gang' perhaps.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

If you were as aggressive away from the keyboard as you can be on it then you too could of rustled up your own gang to intimidate the locals, 'Longridge Avenue Gang' or 'Oval Park Groovy Gang' perhaps.

If you 'knew I would get the hump' then it makes you nothing more than a troll

I suspect you mean could have rather than could of. But as you were probably swivel eyed and typing with one hand at the time I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

And I wasn't being aggressive, just feeding a troll

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If you 'knew I would get the hump' then it makes you nothing more than a troll

I suspect you mean could have rather than could of. But as you were probably swivel eyed and typing with one hand at the time I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

And I wasn't being aggressive, just feeding a troll

Well it was more a comment on Saltdean and intimidation, it just doesnt have a ring to it.

It wasnt meant to be anything personal, so lighten up .....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Listen mate when I was a teenage grebo I got legged round Worthing by a gang of skins. I had to hide in the bogs in the guildbourne centre until they gave up.

I could have done with a middle aged man to post on a message board about my ordeal rather than intervene whilst I was being gobbed on over the cubicle door I can tell you.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Incidentally. This thread is why I love NSC. Xenophobia, taunts, retorts and general chicanery.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Listen mate when I was a teenage grebo I got legged round Worthing by a gang of skins. I had to hide in the bogs in the guildbourne centre until they gave up.

I could have done with a middle aged man to post on a message board about my ordeal rather than intervene whilst I was being gobbed on over the cubicle door I can tell you.

The family in question have now left saltdean and so this is a response to the Guardian article not a commentary on something thats happening currently. you may also not be aware of the efforts made by residents to try and resolve the challenges it was causing to mums and children in the area

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Never had you down as a grebo ?? always pictured you as a wedged up woolyback from birkenhead.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Never had you down as a grebo ?? always pictured you as a wedged up woolyback from birkenhead.

I was a sweaty until I was thirteen or so. Then Ultrafoxx changed my life. My dad lived in Worthing so school hols were there whilst I spent the rest of the time in Birky.

I had a mate who turned up in school one day in a Peter storm cagoule with a proper wedge like he was off the set of brides head revisited. That was me....sold.

In later life I learned to reappreciate my metal roots too.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was a sweaty until I was thirteen or so. Then Ultrafoxx changed my life. My dad lived in Worthing so school hols were there whilst I spent the rest of the time in Birky.

I had a mate who turned up in school one day in a Peter storm cagoule with a proper wedge like he was off the set of brides head revisited. That was me....sold.

In later life I learned to reappreciate my metal roots too.
:thumbsup:

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I can confirm that the bit in that article about being aggressive to passers-by on the Level, whichever of the lads it was and it was on more than one occasion. He was a noxious little potty-mouth and a bully from what I saw.

Regards the racism at school, I can only go from what I have heard from what my children have told me about Varndean but apparently it wasn't a one-way street, these lads were seen as extremely street-wise and were bad news to be around. You took them on at your peril and it wasn't just videos of Jews attacking Palestinians on their phones. There was a full range of ISIS, Al-Qaeda and Chechnyan execution videos on offer.

As far as I can see they have taken the same route as the extremists in Belgium and France. Natural-born bad boys and wrong 'uns who enjoyed drugs, drink and getting into scrapes and see ISIS and terrorism as nothing more than Grand Theft Auto writ large.

In total agreement.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
That just made me laugh, may I respectfully advise that you do not move to any other area in whole wide world you would be truly traumatised and become a recluse before dinner time.

I think the poster ment it was more of an area you wouldn't want to go. If they were there, you wouldn't want to go down there with your kids to play in the park and get agro. Rather than a no go area you are talking about like watts in LA for example. But you knew that. Idiot!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Perhaps you would care to read the initial report by The Guardian...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-glasgow-tributes-shopkeeper-stabbed-to-death

Yes well maybe it wasn't known or clear at that stage. The point is, that the Guardian can hardly be accused of concealing the point because of some 'politically correct' agenda, or whatever, given that they've given it prominence in all their subsequent coverage.
In any case, it's not hugely relevant what particular variety of religious intolerance was at play in this case - one type of muslim against another type, or a christian against a muslim, or a jedi against a buddhist.
All such intolerance is equally despicable in my view, but I think it's harsh on the Guardian to imply that it has an agenda to conceal the religious background of the perpetrator. It clearly doesn't

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes well maybe it wasn't known or clear at that stage. The point is, that the Guardian can hardly be accused of concealing the point because of some 'politically correct' agenda, or whatever, given that they've given it prominence in all their subsequent coverage.
In any case, it's not hugely relevant what particular variety of religious intolerance was at play in this case - one type of muslim against another type, or a christian against a muslim, or a jedi against a buddhist.
All such intolerance is equally despicable in my view, but I think it's harsh on the Guardian to imply that it has an agenda to conceal the religious background of the perpetrator. It clearly doesn't

You think The Guardian hasn't got an agenda? :rotlf:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
This bit pissed me off: "The council does not employ a single full-time official to deal specifically with the needs of Brighton’s Muslim community."

Why the feck should they?
I don't imagine the council need an official to specifically deal with the needs of The Jewish/Catholic/Hindu/Buddhist/Jedi lot so why do Muslims need one?

I spent a good half hour reading that article and what I got from is that a troubled family with a bully Dad produced a couple of shitty kids who were bullied and then became bullies. Had no direction as they dossed about in school and caused too much trouble to get anywhere in life.

Spent a lot of time watching Islamic (maybe extremist?) videos online, were likely influenced by (extremist) family members and fecked off to Syria to try and find some purpose in life. Unfortunately the 'good' brother followed suit, that's the only tragedy in the story. He could have done alright.

It looked as though the council and police worked very hard to try and sort them out but the bully Dad, weak Mum and scared kids didn't allow any work to be done.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
You think The Guardian hasn't got an agenda? :rotlf:

You are very selective in your quotes and reading far too much into my comment - I didn't say the Guardian didn't have any agendas (surely, like most papers it does - and indeed I'm glad it does, because I generally prefer a paper with a liberal, tolerant tone).

Rather I said that it doesn't in its reporting of this case appear to have an specific agenda to conceal the religious affiliation of the perpetrator (which is what you suggested), as several of its articles on the subject have emphasised that affiliation.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
What shocks me is the pansies on here being shocked that something like this is going on in Brighton. Shock horror, hold the back page people are radicalised in a British city. I seem to remember a few months ago someone on here asked whether the Amex could be a target and it was dismissed out of hand by many - wonder if that's the same ones who are shocked at this going on on their doorstep. Some need to get their head out of the sand - terrorism isn't something just going on in other countries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here