Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I hope he comes good and silences the critics on here. When he gets a run of games he'll show what he can offer. I refuse to write him off just yet.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
if you can't find them on this thread there's some MASSIVELY tedious ones on the thread below. You're welcome.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/99832/elvis-left-building

This is how I picture all the punners:

colin_800.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope he comes good and silences the critics on here. When he gets a run of games he'll show what he can offer. I refuse to write him off just yet.

I thought be clicked with Bobby Zamora and he got off quite a lot of shots (% more than anyone else in the time he was on). An option from the subs bench yet.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
More's to the point, how many tedious song puns will we have to endure on this thread ?

Bound to be 10+ by tonight I'd have thought.

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood but I quite like it when a song pun turns up - although I guess you Couldn't Call It Unexpected

(No.4). Just wait til The Other Side of Summer when another transfer window will have occurred and Elvis will be on his way again, maybe to Plymouth Argyle or another team with a Green Shirt. I'm sure he wants to move on again and is likely to celebrate extravagantly - I'm sure he'll be Turning the Town Red :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

He is very raw, like Lua Lua was when he first joined us.

I believe he has the potential to come good and be a match winner but definitely needs more game time and with the team battling it out for promotion, it's hard to give him that. He needs to learn and work hard to improve his game and we don't play in a lower league (like we did with Lua Lua) so will he get enough pitch time here to make the grade, will the fans be patient enough to let him learn without hounding him out and writing him off way too early and does he have the temperament to try to be a success here.... we shall see.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This.

I'm on Team Elvis.

I'm not. (Of course will support him if he plays though).

But,

Nowhere near good enough and that opinion is not just based on first team games, but U21s as well, where if anything he should be head and shoulders above most other players.

Hopefully, Huddersfield have taught him the offside rule.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If there was a little less conversation on this thread the puns would dry up.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Championship players that have made more than 5 appearances and their offsides per 90 min rate.

R Player Apps Mins CaughtOffside
Elvis Manu
Brighton, 22, AM(L) 8 129 5.6
Deniss Rakels
Reading, 23, Forward 7 158 2.8
Florent Bojaj
Huddersfield, 19, Forward 8 35 2.6
Darren Bent
Derby, 32, AM(L),FW 19 476 2.5
Bobby Zamora
Brighton, 35, AM(L),FW 26 955 2.3

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Championship players that have made more than 5 appearances and their offsides per 90 min rate.

RPlayerAppsMinsCaughtOffside
Elvis Manu
Brighton, 22, AM(L)81295.6
Deniss Rakels
Reading, 23, Forward71582.8
Florent Bojaj
Huddersfield, 19, Forward8352.6
Darren Bent
Derby, 32, AM(L),FW194762.5
Bobby Zamora
Brighton, 35, AM(L),FW269552.3

Interesting stat, how does it correlate with goals scored though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here