Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northern Ireland

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Is now the time to move on? Should Northern Ireland be given back to Ireland, Britain's EU partners.

Said like a true Fenian ! I even feel physically sick whenever I see the video of our Queen shaking hands with that murdering IRA pig McGuinness.

andy46

Mar 22, 2012
Eh? How on earth have you come to that conclusion from what I've written here? On the basis that you've either deliberately misconstrued what I've written or are just a bit dense I'll ignore your advice. Hope that's okay.

you are a dangerous git, your foul mouthed gobbing off about the *** murdering scum is just the attitude and venom that started all that rubbish in the first place , neither side were innocent ( the victims of the bombings were ) however you gob off from the safety of England .
the troubles were and are real-----if you were over there you wouldn't have so much to say gobshite !!!
Your type stir it up but aren't to be seen when people suffer because of your verbal rantings and religious backward believes, do you even believe in religion ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Even if your spin was true, you over look the fact that 2 communities have been at war for 30 years and the protestant one neither likes or trusts the other. The feeling is probably mutual.But I suppose 30 year wars and their aftermath kind of slip your mind when pontificating on what is good for other people.

just the 30 years it is then

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sorry to keep on about this, but where do you get the 52 per cent figure from? That report doesn't mention it.

It does say this:
'
Among Catholics, 38% said devolution was their preference in the same time frame, followed by a united Ireland (27%) and direct rule (14%).'

I've been on the website of the polling company that did this but the report in question no longer seems to exist. http://banda.ie/Filter/political-social/

Edit - I see, the 52 per cent is adding together those in favour of devolution and those in favour of direct rule

You got there :thumbsup: Actually I was surprised as you appeared to be, looks like Northern Ireland will remain a part of the UK for the foreseeable future.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ulster was not British until it was invaded, then protestants were planted into that area to support English rule in Ireland.

exactly this ..............................some people do not read history....................and some people just do not read

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Could the Irish government financially afford to run both NI and the Republic as one.

No. Its an economic basket-case that almost makes our government look solvent by comparison (although we did actually have a primary surplus last year) with extremely high unemployment and permanent disability figures as well as a far higher proportion of public sector workers. We'd be back to the IMFs arms within weeks.

Tesco - who have very, very few stores there compared to their prevelance in both GB and ROI - are the second largest private sector employer. Says rather a lot about the state of the economy there. Had an industrial sector that was the envy of ROI until the 1980s but it is all but gone.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
you are a dangerous git, your foul mouthed gobbing off about the *** murdering scum is just the attitude and venom that started all that rubbish in the first place , neither side were innocent ( the victims of the bombings were ) however you gob off from the safety of England .
the troubles were and are real-----if you were over there you wouldn't have so much to say gobshite !!!
Your type stir it up but aren't to be seen when people suffer because of your verbal rantings and religious backward believes, do you even believe in religion ?

Is that Gaelic?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
you are a dangerous git, your foul mouthed gobbing off about the *** murdering scum

Let me get this right, I'm a dangerous git for voicing the opinion that the IRA are murdering scum and I'm foul-mouthed for calling them murderers whilst someone else who tells me to f**k off doesn't even get a mention? Yeah, that all makes sense.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Let me get this right, I'm a dangerous git for voicing the opinion that the IRA are murdering scum and I'm foul-mouthed for calling them murderers whilst someone else who tells me to f**k off doesn't even get a mention? Yeah, that all makes sense.

not condoning the IRA in any way
but have you considered the all the people the black and tans killed raped and coldbloodedly burned out while they were in Ireland
and please do not forget the Irish have very long memories

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Do you think Corbyn and McDonnell have ghost accounts on NSC? :whistle:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
but have you considered the all the people the black and tans killed raped and coldbloodedly burned out while they were in Ireland

Of course I'm well aware of how despicable the Black and Tans were. Without meaning to boast I've probably as big a personal library of books on Northern Ireland history as you have on cat-bothering.

And please pay at least SOME attention to what has been going on in the last ten years.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Of course I'm well aware of how despicable the Black and Tans were. Without meaning to boast I've probably as big a personal library of books on Northern Ireland history as you have on cat-bothering.

maybe you should try reading a few
and FFS I am not the only one who has cats on here and I am far off being an expert
you are one of the worst bullies not here

if you do not have anything meaningful to say then shut up

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
maybe you should try reading a few
and FFS I am not the only one who has cats on here and I am far off being an expert
you are one of the worst bullies not here

if you do not have anything meaningful to say then shut up
I'm sorry you feel that I'm one of the worst bullies not here.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It's good to have a healthy debate on the above, from people looking in on the outside, but it's the NI folk that ultimately have to live with decision.
I think there should be a serious referendum on the subject, and NI given the right to self govern along the Scottish route.
They already do.... or did you miss that little news item?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
They already do.... or did you miss that little news item?

Not to anything the same extent as the Scottish Parliament does, though.

However, going on how they keep collapsing their government and running to London/Dublin to try sort it out whenever something minor gets in the way; I don't think they'd cope with more responsibilities!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
look this it 2016 not 1916

if it hadn't been for the 1st World War,Ireland was poised for a civil war

the protestants would have gone through the South like a dose of salts

the border would have been about 5 miles north of Dublin otherwise

any community that paints their curbs red,white & blue are British in my book

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The war is over - only bitter rightwing fascistic little scrotes with their No Surrender BS on repeat play are unhappy about that

You see the British Gov decided Ireland was to ghastly Irish and decided to use Immigration to Diversify and enrich the countries populace. This was opposed by the anti-migrant rightwing Irish bigots who are still grinding their gears over it today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here