Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
New series started tonight. I'd forgotten how good it was, and this first episode did not disappoint. Gripping stuff.

Anyone else see it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not yet.

My memory is dreadful but I recognised the face of one of the actors in a trailer, so I assume I watched the previous series(es?).

Was this always on BBC2?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not yet.

My memory is dreadful but I recognised the face of one of the actors in a trailer, so I assume I watched the previous series(es?).

Was this always on BBC2?

Certainly BBC, but it may have been on BBC1 previously. I have also watched all the series, but barely remembered having done so. When the announcer said that it was on, neither Mrs Mahone or I could be sure that we had seen it.

Memories are flooding back now. It's pure quality.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great 1st episode and didnt see the ending coming which sets up next week nicely.

But who is going to look after the dog now?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its Time

Don't miss the first minute or the last.

(Best if you don't remember the previous series, probably? More twists to come.)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Referee would have spotted that!

Quiz question:

1) What hand did the shot criminal use to throw his gun away?
2) What hand was the pistol placed in of the criminal?

The others officers will not recall this because they weren't there. Maybe the target criminal was ambidextrous? Maybe he used his weak hand because he was surrendering?

The investigation team won't know his strong hand this episode either because the criminal file was blacked out.

All good stuff.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hey referee, where was the gun left?

Quiz question:

1) What hand did the shot criminal use to throw his gun away?
2) What hand was the pistol placed in of the criminal?

The others officers will not recall this because they weren't there. Maybe the target criminal was ambidextrous? Maybe he used his weak hand because he was surrendering?

The investigation team won't know his strong hand this episode either because the criminal file was blacked out.

All good stuff.

Revised.

When I watched the rerun, I could not see where the gun was left. Not in his right hand or seen laying by the body at all. Could be in his left hand, but I could not see if Waldon had time to put the gun down on the left side of the body or not? A referee type decision with gunshots firing. As Waldon was right handed he would have to lean over the body with his gloved hand and I did not see this. Action replay needed in slow motion.

Revision:
Second rerun saw Waldon putting the gun on the right hand side. Could be cooked in episode one and it is spun out for more episodes.

And what about the last minute moment. Was it a booby trap (spring gun) protecting a stash? That must be what we are meant to think? Set up for a fall. By who? By the Caddy?

In short, the most suspenseful show since the Das Boot series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jed_Mercurio

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: Ronan Murphy (the victim who was shot at the beginning) could be left-handed with a right dominant eye and shoots with his right? Just to confuse things.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
not see any of it so far but heard good things so was going to watch it. Do I need to have watched previous series or can I pick up from here?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes he is, I have watched all the other series and this looks just as good.
Daniel Mays is excellent.

Yes, Daniel Mays is superb. He exudes 'nasty', even when asking if he can kiss that girl. Great performance.

I remember in a previous series where a policewoman who seemed as if she would be a main character was thrown out of a window on a high building at the end of episode 1 (it's all flooding back!) Similar idea, seemingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here