Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the Anti IS march

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
In Europe, yes, but they are targeted because they are busy areas. They're happy to draw the 'west' in. They see it as an opportunity to recruit. But...

The history of the movement suggests the main war is with other Muslims and their activity in the middle east shows this. Remember, their aim is to establish a caliphate. I don't have the time or patience to explain- except to say that some in the leadership don't even want the activities in the west to become part of the blueprint. There is also evidence to suggest that some of these attacks are merely splinter groups who the main body have little to do with. But, naturally, they are happy to claim responsibility.

OH, please, please give us all your wisdom.

Might it just be that they are attempting to expand their caliphate and the neighbouring countries happen to be muslim. If the country adjacent were to be a Christian country or Israel, then by this logic, they would leave the Israelis alone.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Oh dear, I must have got the wrong sort of TV. Perhaps it is too old to broadcast these apologies?

I can't help it if you ignore all the community leaders who have nothing to do with these atrocities, and yet are being made to feel like they have to account for them every time something awful happens.

Well, it wouldn't hurt them to do so, would it? And it wouldn't do any harm either.

I'm grateful that these community leaders to condemn the terrorists. It lends a sense of togtherness and solidarity; something ISIS want to blow apart. It's just they're evidently not condemned in a manner which pleases you. It seems you evidently want these condemnations a bit louder and a bit shoutier. Just to please you?

After all, there are plenty of people (no names, no pack-drill) who think we should all take to the streets with banners condemning going into Afghanistan after El Quaeda (sp?), kicking Saddam Hussain out of Kuwait, invading Iraq (OK, that was a bad decision), slavery, the crusades and the holocaust (even though we fought against the perpetrators of that).

You're still not getting it.

Marches against the government are done in order to change the minds of the elected (and non-elected) politicians. Sometimes it's for condemnation, sometimes it's for a change of course, sometimes it's asking for something positive. You're suggesting people who have nothing to do with the nature of the terrorism being comitted going on a march to condemn (already been done) people who don't give a toss.

I assume you want to go on a march to condemn Timothy McVeigh, Anders Breivik et al?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can't help it if you ignore all the community leaders who have nothing to do with these atrocities, and yet are being made to feel like they have to account for them every time something awful happens.
Really? Most of the time the silence is deafening. Still, I appreciate you've got your view................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here