Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brussels Airport Terrorist attack

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There have been several arrests and convictions of planned attacks, but our security forces are doing a great job in preventing them.

This attack may well change security at airports. At the moment anyone can walk into a departure lounge without being scanned.

It's always been a weak point. The problem is though that there will always be a point were un-scanned people have to queue up to be scanned. Of course you can insist hold luggage is sent on ahead, but you'll still have a queue for a scanner somewhere.

It's always been a weak point. The problem is though that there will always be a point were un-scanned people have to queue up to be scanned. Of course you can insist hold luggage is sent on ahead, but you'll still have a queue for a scanner somewhere.

And that somewhere is the place they will target next.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There have been several arrests and convictions of planned attacks, but our security forces are doing a great job in preventing them.

This attack may well change security at airports. At the moment anyone can walk into a departure lounge without being scanned.
Phuket airport in Thailand has security at the entrance. Cases, hand luggage and all people go through security checks to enter the airport-including those who nip out for a cigarette. It is a pain in the ass-let's hope we don't adopt this in Europe although it is looking more likely to be introduced.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Phuket airport in Thailand has security at the entrance. Cases, hand luggage and all people go through security checks to enter the airport-including those who nip out for a cigarette. It is a pain in the ass-let's hope we don't adopt this in Europe although it is looking more likely to be introduced.

It's what these manic cretins want, to create maximum mayhem to disrupt our peaceful/busy way of life.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
...those poor innocent victims ..I won't post what I feel about those that are the perpetrators as words fail me..but I hate them!

Maybe it's time for security checks at all Mosque exit doors to inconvenience the religion of peace in the same way their fanatical followers want to disrupt the West?

Obviously not a serious suggestion but we cannot be held to ransom by religious fanatics whose sole purpose in life is to hate Western society. Islam needs to join the 21st Century other than for using its technology to co-ordinate the cowardly murdering of innocents.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just got the news here.
My wife and youngest are going back to the UK for 3 weeks later this year and it is a worry.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Grim and depressingly predictable. Sadly it's only going to get worse in the coming months and years.

I'm sure we will all be much safer in this country if we remain tied to an institution that allows for unlimited migration for people from war torn middle eastern countries, plans to allow 75m Muslims border free travel, and will soon expand the borders of "Europe" to Iraq and Iran.

What could go wrong?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just got the news here.
My wife and youngest are going back to the UK for 3 weeks later this year and it is a worry.
That is exactly what they want. Your wife and child will be fine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got the news here.

I don't want to belittle what has happened today, but the chances of being involved in something like this are still incredibly incredibly slim. Life does, and has to, go on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here