Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where has the Chancellor of the Exchequer gone?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why hasnt anyone called him out for bottling it yesterday?
John McDonnell just has.

Described Osborne as a "grubby chancer" and "unfit for office".

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The statistic that Gideon seems to like so much about the top 1% earning more than ever before (NB they haven't done it by working harder) surely contradicts his arguments about one nation fairness and reduced inequality...?

I thought it was the top earning 1% pay 28% (ish?) of the entire national income tax bill, more than they did under Labour?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought it was the top earning 1% pay 28% (ish?) of the entire national income tax bill, more than they did under Labour?
Yes, I know, but how on earth do you really think that has come about...? ? ? ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, I know, but how on earth do you really think that has come about...? ? ? ?

Taking many of the lowest payed out of paying any income tax and reducing the burden on others?

By the by wasn't McDonnell shambolic, dear oh dear he made Corbyn seem quite statesmanlike.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
By the by wasn't McDonnell shambolic, dear oh dear he made Corbyn seem quite statesmanlike.
McDonnell held the Tories to account quite effectively in my view.

Hope you kept watching to see Ken Clarke embarrassing himself.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Look at his reaction at being asked to apologies.

well,well if you did'nt know what a horrible little weasel he is ............you do now
are you all watching tories in your constituencies...the man(and I use that term loosely)is a disgrace ......what in Gods name is he on!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Georgey McCokeface.

his own constituents must be pulling their hair out, he is begging to be sacked, it will be interesting if there are any tories out there willing to justify that behaviour

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am finding this constant defending of Cameron, Osborne & Tory policies laughable, protecting them as if they are defending their own children.
It's got nothing to do with being a conservative but surely anyone with a shread of common decency can see what they are up to and disagree with it, but much like their heroes they can only reply with Labour this leftie that rather than admitting the truth and gaining some credibility, I am sure there are some on here that actually think they are or could be politicians.
I don't care much about the u turn, the fact they thought about it and put it in the budget thinking they would easily get away with is more to the point, I mean disabled people for Gods sake, and because they don't vote Tory ( I believed IDS on that point)
And did anyone even Tory voters really believe that we are all in this together taking previous decisions into account.
With regard to higher tax earners, they knew the tax cuts were coming so deferred payments from previous tax years and are now paying up at a better rate making recent tax income look good, that's is where Osborne got his billions of unexpected tax revenue from in the recent tax credit debacle.
So it would be refreshing to see a Tory on here say I am a Conservative I vote conservative, I hate Labour especially Corbyn and Abbott, but I totally disagree with the way they are doing things and I am embarrassed by the way Cameron and Osborne are conducting themselves.
Try it, it won't hurt.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am finding this constant defending of Cameron, Osborne & Tory policies laughable, protecting them as if they are defending their own children.
It's got nothing to do with being a conservative but surely anyone with a shread of common decency can see what they are up to and disagree with it, but much like their heroes they can only reply with Labour this leftie that rather than admitting the truth and gaining some credibility, I am sure there are some on here that actually think they are or could be politicians.
I don't care much about the u turn, the fact they thought about it and put it in the budget thinking they would easily get away with is more to the point, I mean disabled people for Gods sake, and because they don't vote Tory ( I believed IDS on that point)
And did anyone even Tory voters really believe that we are all in this together taking previous decisions into account.
With regard to higher tax earners, they knew the tax cuts were coming so deferred payments from previous tax years and are now paying up at a better rate making recent tax income look good, that's is where Osborne got his billions of unexpected tax revenue from in the recent tax credit debacle.
So it would be refreshing to see a Tory on here say I am a Conservative I vote conservative, I hate Labour especially Corbyn and Abbott, but I totally disagree with the way they are doing things and I am embarrassed by the way Cameron and Osborne are conducting themselves.
Try it, it won't hurt.

Corbyn is there to make a base for someone else and as I have said before I don't know who it will be but someone will come out of the pack.
and here you go there are actually some tories I like as to whether I would vote for them is another matter, and there are lots of Labour I have not liked especially "NEW LABOUR" which was a party of mostly watered down tories.
the one thing I admire about Corbyn is the quiet way he goes about things, but maybe just a little to quiet

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Try it, it won't hurt.[
I am a Conservative I vote conservative, I hate Labour especially Corbyn and Abbott, but I totally disagree with the way they are doing things and I am embarrassed by the way Cameron and Osborne are conducting themselves.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Try it, it won't hurt.

I am a conservative voter, but I don't hate Labour or Corbyn and Abbott, I just happen to think that those who voted for Corbyn, as leader, were deluded.
I do think that whoever, in the Conservative Party, was responsible for putting forward the disability cuts, really ought to choose another career. This was the most predictable disaster waiting to happen.I do not understand why Cameron and Osborne are not putting down firm roots in the centre ground, whilst Labour are dallying with a far left stance.If this was done, then they could be in power for quite some time.
There is no official opposition, much to the detriment of politics in this country, and until Labour come to their senses, it will remain up to moderate Tory MP's to fulfil that role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here