Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where has the Chancellor of the Exchequer gone?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-george-osborne-dodges-budget-urgent-question

He seems to have disappeared over the weekend. He has sent a treasury minister to defend him instead of answering for himself at the despatch box. First time a chancellor has done that since the 1990's.

Oh, where are you, Mr Osborne???

osborne1.jpg

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
weasel
just a spineless weasel
worth watching just to see all the stoney faces on the government benches
I know maybe he has gone to China to have a kick about with his mates he gave 3m
or having a drink with david at the club
or having maths classes at his local school
who knows and who cares

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He's appearing in the House of Commons tomorrow to answer questions on the Budget. Plus the PM is appearing today. I'm sure everyone can wait 24 hours before putting the boot in.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He's appearing in the House of Commons tomorrow to answer questions on the Budget. Plus the PM is appearing today. I'm sure everyone can wait 24 hours before putting the boot in.

I can
but can those stoney faced MP's on the government benches
its the biginning of the end

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Labour trying to go in for the kill. All part of the game, I am pretty certain they knew he wouldn't show.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think he's recovering after a good rodgering from Ian Duncan-Smith. Nice to see another 'night of the long knives'. I was only joking yesterday with a friend, who is a Tory activist, about how I've missed the Tory in-fighting. It's so much more articulate and cunning than Labour implosions.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I can
but can those stoney faced MP's on the government benches
its the biginning of the end

Watching the PM doing a reasonable job of holding the line now. Against a poor opposition admittedly. I think many will rally round tomorrow as they see the danger for the government if this descends into a civil war and the Easter break will help. Huge underlying tensions remain on Europe and the Leadership but suggesting this is the end for the Chancellor or the Government is wishful thinking.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Watching the PM doing a reasonable job of holding the line now. Against a poor opposition admittedly. I think many will rally round tomorrow as they see the danger for the government if this descends into a civil war and the Easter break will help. Huge underlying tensions remain on Europe and the Leadership but suggesting this is the end for the Chancellor or the Government is wishful thinking.

dave
mr calm and collected for a change
Polly Toynbee had a good take when asked "what exactly will Labour being doing about this"
her answer was "sit on the bank of the river and watch the bodies go past" a pringles moment if ever I have heard one
I am still looking for a leader to come out of the pack for Labour ..........but still time yet

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought this was going to be a fun game... It isn't.... Back to work I go...

Oh it is fun! Bloody good fun!

Shame Corbyn did his best to minimise the carnage by wittering on abut us not taking our fair share of economic migrants/refugees. Not his best ever bit of politicking - a good opportunity to put the boot in wasted.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
dave
mr calm and collected for a change
Polly Toynbee had a good take when asked "what exactly will Labour being doing about this"
her answer was "sit on the bank of the river and watch the bodies go past" a pringles moment if ever I have heard one
I am still looking for a leader to come out of the pack for Labour ..........but still time yet

Yep the real opposition and danger sits behind the Government front bench. If Labour do get a new vaguely competent Leader they should be better placed to exploit the Tory disarray but even then winning at the next GE will be extraordinarily difficult. For a start they need to recover in Scotland and they are actually predicted to get a worse result (% share of the vote) than at the last Election ... perhaps finishing 3rd behind the Tories despite the government's difficulties.

:eek:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yep the real opposition and danger sits behind the Government front bench. If Labour do get a new vaguely competent Leader they should be better placed to exploit the Tory disarray but even then winning at the next GE will be extraordinarily difficult. For a start they need to recover in Scotland and they are actually predicted to get a worse result (% share of the vote) than at the last Election ... perhaps finishing 3rd behind the Tories despite the government's difficulties.

:eek:

but just how many seats do the tories have in Scotland then?
and I am sure most of the SNP are closet Labour and will tactical vote just enough to let Labour in

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
but just how many seats do the tories have in Scotland then?
and I am sure most of the SNP are closet Labour and will tactical vote just enough to let Labour in

Same as Labour 1 but Labour lost 40 seats in Scotland at the last GE.

Vote tactically like they did last year inadvertently ensuring a Tory Majority Government?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here