VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rumour he is getting sacked tomorrow.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Richie Barker to take over or will he be on his way as well i wonder. Robinson plays football the way it should be played. He's up there with Pep in most peoples minds. The Arsenal job might be available this coming summer. Karl might want to spend some time in New York mulling over that possibility.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As for KR, he's always been incredibly overrated in my opinion. It's all very well espousing the virtues of playing the game as it is meant to be played (whatever that means) but it's not much good if your team doesn't perform to a level in line with your available resources. I'm pretty sure I could manage a team that strokes the ball about sideways and tries the pass the ball into the net. I might lose 70% of the games but would I be considered a bright young talent of the English game just because I have told my centre backs they'll be dropped for kicking it into row Z? That's Robinson that is.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So glad he did for now we have the best English manager in the country.

We have a very good one. But I wouldn't necessarily say THE best.

I'm going to get clobbered for saying this, but the likes of Eddie Howe and Alan Pardew both manage sides in the Premier League. That alone has to say something for them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As for KR, he's always been incredibly overrated in my opinion. It's all very well espousing the virtues of playing the game as it is meant to be played (whatever that means) but it's not much good if your team doesn't perform to a level in line with your available resources. I'm pretty sure I could manage a team that strokes the ball about sideways and tries the pass the ball into the net. I might lose 70% of the games but would I be considered a bright young talent of the English game just because I have told my centre backs they'll be dropped for kicking it into row Z? That's Robinson that is.

They might be going through a rough spell now. But I have to say he has done incredibly well in the past. Just to get a team out of League One and into the Championship is no easy feat. He achieved it without spending a great deal of money too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They might be going through a rough spell now. But I have to say he has done incredibly well in the past. Just to get a team out of League One and into the Championship is no easy feat. He achieved it without spending a great deal of money too.
Gus Poyet took league one apart. We were promoted in April playing some of the best football I've seen at that level, all without a proper training ground and a non league "stadium" and similar sums of money to Robinson has had.

I'm not saying Robinson is a terrible manager, I'm saying he has always been vastly overrated. What has he done? One promotion at a bigger than average league one club in however many seasons he's had. Not brilliant tbh.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We have a very good one. But I wouldn't necessarily say THE best.

I'm going to get clobbered for saying this, but the likes of Eddie Howe and Alan Pardew both manage sides in the Premier League. That alone has to say something for them.

Pardew walked into Prem jobs. Eddie Howe, give you that one. Doesn't matter what people say about Howe chucking money at promotion (because they don't like the colour of his hair or whatever), all managers, foreign or British, will throw money at it given half the chance. No clobbering from me.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Eddie Howe, give you that one. Doesn't matter what people say about Howe chucking money at promotion (because they don't like the colour of his hair or whatever), all managers, foreign or British, will throw money at it given half the chance. No clobbering from me.

Maybe. But he still has one of those faces you just want to slap. :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gus Poyet took league one apart. We were promoted in April playing some of the best football I've seen at that level, all without a proper training ground and a non league "stadium" and similar sums of money to Robinson has had.

I'm not saying Robinson is a terrible manager, I'm saying he has always been vastly overrated. What has he done? One promotion at a bigger than average league one club in however many seasons he's had. Not brilliant tbh.

On reflection I do take your point actually. What is certainlty true in football management, is that you are only as good as your last result.

Well, in the Drongs case, there haven't been too many good ones this season.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Does that make CH 26th longest serving now?

Reckon so....

"Robinson was the third longest-serving manager in all four divisions, with only Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger and Exeter manager Paul Tisdale having been in post longer."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here