Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ugly yellow kit on Saturday

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yellow does not suit my skin colour according to my colour consultant so I shall be wearing the traditional blue and white on Saturday.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not Ugly, but it's been a while since I really liked the look of our 2nd kit. There was that Orange kit last season but we obviously don't mention last season.

I did however love the green & black kit we wore the season we moved to the Amex

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think it's because the stripes are our home kit and we are playing away from home so we wear the away kit.

Hope that helps.

Ah, but it goes deeper than that. Our club colours are blue and white stripes and in my opinion we should wear them for ALL games except when there is a colour clash. Why would supporters want their team to wear a different colour strip for away games and one that changes season to season? I identify my team as the one wearing blue and white stripes.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's almost as though the permanently miserable, anti- club OP is running out of things to moan about.

None of which is true, incidentally. Unlike most British people who don't dare to complain or criticise, I'm one of those who complains when there is something to complain about, praises when praise is due, and criticises when there is reason to do so.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You rang M'Lud?

View attachment 73120

Sales of kit and merchandise brought in about £1.2 million last season, approximately 5% of total income for the club.

The reason why the Nike sales were lower than the previous season (with Errea) was that we were frankly, pants, and fewer people wanted to be seen in town in the stripes with 'Colunga', 'O'Grady' or 'Agustien' on their backs, or rifling through the bins outside Bargain Booze with a Paddy McCourt training top in hand for that authentic feel.

The success or otherwise on the park does have a correlation with merchandise sales.
Nothing to do with Nike being shit then?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm going to wear the nice yellow away kit from last season. Or the season before. I forget.

That Volt monstrosity can sod off.

We've had some great yellow away kits over the years, whilst I don't mind the current one, I think others have merits too.

Who remembers 'Wear yellow for Rotherham' anyone?

98440ca738950865cfb1fb0eab30adec.jpg

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en...on-and-hove-albion-football-shirt-s23184.html

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
the red & black kit was quite smart i thought especially on the occasion we wore it once with white shorts.

But not so nice the time we wore it with red shorts at Port Vale, grim.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This thread as made me go and buy the away shirt now for tomorrow. Oh, and i got a years free subscription for Seagulls Player (Which i pay for Monthly anyway) which means the shirt basically cost me £1.99. Thanks [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
None of which is true, incidentally. Unlike most British people who don't dare to complain or criticise, I'm one of those who complains when there is something to complain about, praises when praise is due, and criticises when there is reason to do so.

Except right now, of course, where you are criticising when there is absolutely NO reason to. Our home shirt is blue and WHITE. MK Dons home shirt is WHITE. How is this decision a. surprising? b. unusual? c. avoidable? d. worth whining about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here