Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON ON: READING

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The key talking points from the manager's press conference.

At his pre-match press conference, Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton delivered the latest team news, gave his thoughts on Jamie Murphy’s call up to the Scotland squad, the need to get back to winning ways, and the race for promotion.
uwe-l229-2841668.jpg

Team News: “We’re okay at the moment. [Uwe] Huenemeier is probably a week-and-a-half to two weeks away from training, and we already know that Solly March is out for the season. Apart from that, we’re in good shape.”
murphy-goal-l229-2789373.jpg

Murphy’s call-up: “It’s massive, because any player playing in the game very much wants to represent their country, as that’s the highest level you want to achieve, so we’re really delighted for him.
“It’s probably no surprise, because his form has been very good and if I look at the group they’ve got together in the Scotland team, it’s very much a club-like feel and they fared fairly well in the last campaign and had a lot of good performances.
“It’s a strong squad to get into, but he’s been in really good form and for him more than anybody, I’m delighted for, because it’s his first time in the squad.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Getting back to winning ways: “It’s important to get back to winning ways, because as each game goes by, we’re getting closer towards the end of the season.
“Ultimately, we want to finish the season with as many points as we can and challenge as hard as we can. It’s no surprise though, because it’s the Championship and every week you are looking at results and there will be some you don’t see coming.
“We know that in this division, anybody can beat anybody. We took a dip with regards to the scorelines, but the level of performance has been okay.
“It’s about having faith in the squad you’ve got. We’ve got competition at the moment and it’s about getting that balance of having a bit of continuity and also testing the team and using that competition we have in the squad to our advantage.”
Promotion race: “Positions up at the top can easily change and that is what we’ve experienced in this division.
“What I would say in Burnley’s defence, is that they’re hitting really good form at the right time and they can win any game. They’re not a side that has to play at their best to win football matches and I think they’re showing that at the moment.
“They’ve got some big games coming up, the same as everybody. They are looking very strong at the moment, but you can never predict anything in this division until you get to the latter stages of the competition.”
[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V FULHAM
[/h]FRIDAY 15TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here