Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jean Michel Jarre - Brighton Centre - 6/10/16

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I gave it a 9/10, the only thing I didn't enjoy was how grumpy the man himself sounded when he spoke to the crowd. The music and the show was excellent. The Snowden track was unexpected, and he gave Oxygene 4 an airing which made my night so it's all good.

The laser show on the far wall was
smashing, but if you were on the main floor maybe you wouldn't have really seen the patterns being thrown. I was sat on the extreme left of the West galley, perfect view of the light show.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Lots of giant evolving chrysalises, a giant multicoloured skull which morphed into an atlas, rows of little comedy aliens, vases of light interlocking like slow thunderbolts, the laser harp in all its monumental green glory. It was quite an evening for visuals even by the Brighton Centre's standards, and I could have watched all that for several more hours. The music not so much. No surprise he's got Coldplay links, as it was all a bit unadventurous and safe. Some banging techno and electro though, bolstered by the big live drums. Weird everyone sitting down - I got that he perceives it more as a kind of planetarium performance than a gig, but it would have been great with people dancing.

We were sat next to Saffron from Republica as well. Indie amnesty thrills.

I'll try to clump together a video of all the visuals I got.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I thought it was an awesome show, banging beats and visually stunning.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
A small picture montage herewith from the night. I'll put a bit of footage up on YouTube over the weekend too.

B0B90767-72BA-41D8-BDFF-AFBBA0B98509.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I gave it a 9/10, the only thing I didn't enjoy was how grumpy the man himself sounded when he spoke to the crowd. The music and the show was excellent. The Snowden track was unexpected, and he gave Oxygene 4 an airing which made my night so it's all good.

The laser show on the far wall was
smashing, but if you were on the main floor maybe you wouldn't have really seen the patterns being thrown. I was sat on the extreme left of the West galley, perfect view of the light show.

I thought he was quite engaging. He is not a teenager anymore, 68 now

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fook, about as much use as a catflap in a submarine now but I had some comps, wish I'd known you were going

Put them on here, would love to see them

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else think his music is too samey to listen to for very long?

I might have picked the wrong thread to get much agreement I accept :smile:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fook, about as much use as a catflap in a submarine now but I had some comps, wish I'd known you were going

See original post for the clue, lol

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Great show , and love the new album....helped reduce the average age of the audience when the kids thought it was a rave.
Finished off by meeting the man himself after the show.
Picture, autograph and a chat....
Lucky to see the man and such a small venue...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Great show , and love the new album....helped reduce the average age of the audience when the kids thought it was a rave.

Bloody Hell I am jealous. Stardust is such a great tune !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

20 dancers in the corner, wish I joined them. Bunch of stiffs were I sat. Did not stop me getting off my seat and raving like a 25 year old though

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here