Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Crowned Six Nations Champions

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Scotland's victory over France means that England cannot be caught.

I don't know about others, but it feels like a bit of a hollow crown. I feel that the England teams that narrowly missed out recently were stronger.

The standard seems rather poor at present. Still, onwards and upwards. Hopefully a decent win in Paris will make things better.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't know about others, but it feels like a bit of a hollow crown. I feel that the England teams that narrowly missed out recently were stronger.

The standard seems rather poor at present. Still, onwards and upwards. Hopefully a decent win in Paris will make things better.

You surprise me, as you seem one of the more sensible posters on here. Surely all England can do, is beat whoever is put in front of them? and they have done just that.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
You surprise me, as you seem one of the more sensible posters on here. Surely all England can do, is beat whoever is put in front of them? and they have done just that.

I think it's important to win in Paris. The Grand Slam is a must.

It's reminding me a bit of 2011, when England won it then. It was a poor season. But the teams of the last two years deserved to win and fell just short.

I'm a bit of a Rugby purist. I like to see a strong tournament. I agree that England can only beat who is in front of them, but from a solely Rugby perspective it hasn't been as good this year.

In 2014, England fell a few yards short during an epic battle in Paris, when they came from behind to beat the French with a 50 point haul, but the Irish had a 7 point superiority overall. We so deserved it that year. As I say though, a win in Paris, against a hopefully interested French side, and we're on the right track.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This year's fixtures have been an absolute dream for England, their two main rivals at home and starting the tournament with Scotland and Italy.

However they do deserve to win being by far the best team. I do think this team with a decent coach now could push on and challenge the big 3.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I will take the 6 nations gleefully, we may not have been sparkling throughout but we have won every match we have played and that means we have now won....we may have had better players in the past but that's one of those things .... history will say we won 4 out of four and outscored all our opponents....simples.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why such negative posts, we will win our first slam since 2003, exc stuff..

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
England have done well under Eddie Jones, but there is quite a way to go before they get up there with NZ and Oz.
If Wales had turned up for the first half on Saturday, things could have been a lot different, but they were dreadful. As it turned out though, England were hanging on at the end.
The improvement with the Scotland team has been fantastic and I reckon that they will be serious contenders next season.
Just love Stuart Hogg's attacking bursts and all round play.
By the way, I support Scotland, if you didn't know!

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I must say that I disagree with the OP. We would probably all like to see a tournament full of strong teams but really the only team that has made real ground since the WC is Scotland which they also deserve credit for. The team can only beat the opposition put in front of them and I think they’ve done well to bounce back from such a humiliating World Cup experience. Getting to play Ireland and Wales at home is obviously advantageous and next year might be a different story but for now, let’s savour the victory in good grace and focus on destroying a poor French side whilst going out with a bang.

We aren't close to world beaters yet (I think Argentina for example would give us a very tough time) but give it time.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Watching England beat Wales in a Welsh friends household with his other Welsh friends was rather wonderful. Bought BIG England flag off E bay for .99p I was flagging from the start and they were flagging at the end.....:flounce:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's all about the Slam.

England need that to put the world cup nightmare to bed and move forward.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
In 2014, England fell a few yards short during an epic battle in Paris, when they came from behind to beat the French with a 50 point haul, but the Irish had a 7 point superiority overall. We so deserved it that year. As I say though, a win in Paris, against a hopefully interested French side, and we're on the right track.

That was last season, and the game was at home rather than in Paris.

Other than that, as you were.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like the France match is at 8pm on Saturday. I'm trying to time the trip back from MK to stop off in a suitable pub somewhere. Not convinced of making it back to Brighton by train in time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here