A bit cruel?

Attachments

• Dog Chipping.jpg
    Dog Chipping.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 1,046

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ours is a Teacup Maltese Terrier (hand bag dog) that we inherited to save being put down 2 years ago and he is NEVER out of the house without a lead and even then is at the feet of either my wife or myself so we will not be having him chipped.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
£500 fine if you're caught and then don't get the animal chipped within 21 days of being "reminded" to do so. Just as well there are no law enforcement people who post on NSC... oh.

Ours is a Teacup Maltese Terrier (hand bag dog) that we inherited to save being put down 2 years ago and he is NEVER out of the house without a lead and even then is at the feet of either my wife or myself so we will not be having him chipped.

If you take him to the Vet for any reason and they scan him, which they will, and find he hasn't been chipped then rather than pay £20 it'll be £500 in a fine, and another £20 to get him chipped.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Some of the owners of 'trophy' dogs should be chipped too... compulsory

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If you take him to the Vet for any reason and they scan him, which they will, and find he hasn't been chipped then rather than pay £20 it'll be £500 in a fine, and another £20 to get him chipped.

That's as much as a visit to a vet!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My cats have chips....so why not dogs,sausages are nice too.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am a big fan of a pet license tbh, people who aren't responsible enough to chip their animal probably shouldn't have a cat or dog to begin with.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I think it is a great idea. When the vet chipped our cat I said I would like to be chipped myself, then if I get run over the A & E can see instantly who I am and have the medical info they need .. I would do it if a human scheme existed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here