Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-post-sw-l229-2997131_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
15:00 9th March 2016
by Joel Newman
Post-match reaction from last night's goalless draw.
I think that when you are not at your best, you have to make sure that you don’t lose the game"
Chris Hughton
CHRIS HUGHTON admitted that the Seagulls were not at their best, but is satisfied with a point following the 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wednesday.Hughton said, "I think you always have to look at the positives and it was another clean sheet against a good side who will be right up there come the end of the season."
"They showed their quality with the changes that they made and they can do that with the squad that they have got.
"I think that when you are not at your best, you have to make sure that you don’t lose the game and I think if we look at other results last night, then probably in the end while it was very disappointing and frustrating, it hasn’t been too bad a night for us."
The Albion manager is also happy with the structure of his squad heading into the business end of the season, and believes the seven-day break in fixtures could come at a crucial time.
"We have been where we are all season. It’s a group of players that has been added to by [Anthony] Knockaert coming in during January and he has made an impression; [Kazenga] LuaLua is back which is a big plus for us; [James] Wilson is getting better during the period of time that he has been with us, so overall the squad has served us well and we are very confident it will continue to do that"
"At this stage of the season you always welcome a break and I think the fact that we play on Tuesday makes it almost the same as a Saturday/Saturday game. They will be off on Wednesday and then we will go again on Thursday looking forward to a good game on Tuesday."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

CARLOS CARVALHAL admitted that a draw was probably the right result following Sheffield Wednesday’s 0-0 draw with Brighton last night.Barry Bannan was arguably the most lively player for the Owls on the night and he praised the Scotsman for his industrious display, forcing Albion keeper David Stockdale into a number of fine saves to keep the scores level.
He told swfc.co.uk, “I would like to talk about a very positive performance and Barry Bannan came very close with a long shot that the goalkeeper did well to save.
“Overall, I accept Brighton saw more of the ball, but we looked the more dangerous team on the attack.
The Wednesday head coach hailed the mental strength of his players following the result and is now looking forward to facing Nottingham Forest on Saturday.
“This is a good point, as the players proved once more that they are strong in the mind.
“I said in the press conference before the game that this result would be in the balance because we have two good teams doing well in the competition.
“It was a close game, as I expected and now we move on to the next game against Nottingham Forest on Saturday.”
[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V FULHAM
[/h]FRIDAY 15TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here