Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] ROSENIOR HAILS STRENGTH IN DEPTH

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion's defender believes there is a great balance in the squad.

Brighton & Hove Albion’s Liam Rosenior says that the blend of experience and youth at the club is a recipe for success and promotion to the Premier League.
The 31-year-old spoke passionately and highly about his team-mates and believes the blend is a good one as the Seagulls chase a place in the top flight.
He said, “We have a really strong core of experienced players at this club but we also have young players who are hungry to achieve success.
“Experience in a team can be a positive thing but sometimes when your past experiences haven’t been very good, that can play on you mind as a player. I still think it is good to have experience but I also think it’s good to have young players that are hungry to achieve great things in their careers.
“We have two young centre-backs Lewis Dunk and Connor Goldson and their pairing and as individuals makes them one of the best centre-back partnerships in the country. They can do anything they want with their careers.
“Solly March, who is just 21, and James Wilson can also go on to have great careers. The blend of youth and experience works well and if you go too much with youth or with experience you can leave yourself in trouble. We have a nice mix here.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

With just 11 games to go Rosenior believes that the club have everything in place to put up a strong fight for promotion.“We don’t have any nerves. There is a determination and a desire here at this club.
“The great thing about the players and staff here is that we move on very quickly. We never get too happy when we win or too down when we lose, there is an even keel and that is important to achieve consistent performances.
“You have seen consistent performances from us this season and one of Chris Hughton’s great qualities is that he gives us responsibility as players and we go and play for him and the club.
“We have players in great form and also fresh players coming back from injury. Gaetan (Bong) was probably the best left-back in the Championship before he got injured and that shows the strength of the squad we have. He is a great player to have in this league; he has great athleticism, pace and aggression and we are delighted to have him back.”
Albion face promotion chasers Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday night and Rosenior is looking forward to another tactical battle at the Amex.
“I saw them against Hull City and they were very well organised and structured and they made it difficult for Hull to play their game.
“I expect a difficult match for us also so we need to play our game, at our tempo, and if we do we have a very good chance of getting a win.
“After losing against Rotherham at home they will be raring to go and motivated to give us a tough match.
"We are coming away from playing a Preston side that play five at the back and now we are playing against the usual back four. I love playing against different formations and I love the tactical side too.
“Burnley, for example, play with wide players who cut in onto their stronger foot and Sheffield Wednesday are similar in that respect, so it will be a difficult game."
[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY*
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING**
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY*
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here