Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan sets up petition to ban Benteke and dock Liverpool 6 points

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It sounds by the bitterness and vitriol that's shining from your words that it's you that needs to deal with things.
The only thing we have to deal with is an FA cup quarter final coming up and premier league football.
As Palace fans we've had worse.
Yet your fans still feel the need to start an online petition and generally lose their shit all over Twitter?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If a good run in the cup and an almost certain 4th season in the premier is an epic collapse then epic collapse me up every year!

Enjoy it while it lasts chap. Ever since your new american owners walked in the door you've been on the slide, it truly is "Midas touch" stuff. You might want to check out how their other franchises are doing stateside to see just how successful their sporting investments tend to pan out....

.....or perhaps not.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Question: How does it feel to be labelled "the most embarrassing fans in football"?

How about these messages sent on twitter from the best fans in the world to their own keeper on Sunday, after he apologized to the fans for losing his footing.

Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
And her is the link to the Tweet where he apologises for the mistake. I'll quote you some of the abuse in response, just in case that was too difficult for you to find (or it didn't suit your agenda, whatever):

https://twitter.com/Alex_Macca23/sta...10528496197633

"Be as sorry as you want, you still cost us massively again. Tell Pardew to play Speroni."

"if you feel that bad about it don't take your wages this week #cpfc #deadwood"

"no hard feelings, we knew you were rubbish. If it means the return of Speroni, it was all worth it"

"your shit"

"thankfully I'd imagine that'll be the last chance you'll get to make another 'slip up' for us"

"wouldn't mind but the performances you've put in before for us are shocking Alex 'Parry' McCarthy"

Truly embarrassing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Right back atcha!

Poor.
I ask the question because I was out for a beer last night with supporters of a number of clubs (Birmingham/Baggies/Wolves/Villa etc plus a few Arsenal, Chelsea & Manchester glory hunters. - I don't live in the south as you might gather) and they were all laughing AT you because of this daft petition. It was quite the talking point and was invaluable in stopping local hostilities from breaking out!
If I'd been a palace fan I'd have gone home but I guess coming on a Brighton fan site and trying to justify the stupidity from behind the safety of a laptop is pretty much the same thing. :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They put their legs out and I felt a touch so I went down”.

Wilfried Zaha, Crystal Palace v Leicester City, 25th October 2015.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed. Take the rough with the smooth, go home, kick the cat, sulk for three days and move on.

At last, SOMEBODY on the Palace side who isn't being a complete idiot about all this.

:thumbsup:

*please note, I'm not suggesting that we wouldn't have similar whining if we were on a poor run ourselves.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
In 2012/12 season Crystal Palace were awarded 15 penalties. 13 of them were at home.

Must just be a coincidence. And nothing at all to do with the fact that whenever Zaha got into the box he flung himself on the floor whilst 15,000 of Croydon's finest screamed at the ref for a pen.

Didn't work quite so well away from home though which IS strage eh....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If it was just one iffy penalty decision it could be classed as a 'hissy fit.'
It has been, however, several this season. Obviously you'd know that if you knew anything about football.

Oh I like this one. He's funny.

With a bit of imagination you can almost see - and even smell - his Millets shirt, his sellotaped spectacles, his mum-made sandwiches-eaten-from-a-Tupperware-box-downstairs-on-the-bus-to-Selhurst-Park as he posts. Please don't ban him.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
In 2012/12 season Crystal Palace were awarded 15 penalties. 13 of them were at home.

Must just be a coincidence. And nothing at all to do with the fact that whenever Zaha got into the box he flung himself on the floor whilst 15,000 of Croydon's finest screamed at the ref for a pen.....

This from yesterday's Fiver made me chuckle:

**QUOTE OF THE DAY
25 October 2015: “They put their legs out and I felt a touch so I went down” – Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha after the game against Leicester City.

6 March: “I’ve just heard Jamie Carragher saying there was contact and [Christian] Benteke was within his rights to go down. Jamie Carragher is saying that? He’s an ex-pro. Come on. We’ve had decisions ignored this season where Wilf gets completely wiped out” – a funky Alan Pardew after Liverpool’s last-minute penalty winner against Palace on Sunday.**

Mar 2, 2016

With a bit of imagination you can almost see - and even smell - his Millets shirt, his sellotaped spectacles, his mum-made sandwiches-eaten-from-a-Tupperware-box-downstairs-on-the-bus-to-Selhurst-Park as he posts. Please don't ban him.

Yes. That's me. You've got me bang to rights. How do you do it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I am certainly warming to you, please hang around. Hours of fun.

:wave:

Agreed. I take that f*** off back. Do stick around, Adam. you can be our new pet,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Your own fans find the petition embarrassing.

[tweet]706955047339474944[/tweet]
We all know there are some level headed, decent, mentally balanced palace fans.

It's just the all pervading goonery that seeps out of that flimsy house of cards at every level, and at every opportunity, which is so noticeable.

Blame the refs, blame the FA, blame the press - all with an 'anti-palace-agenda'. Never look closer to home.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

330eoo4.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here