Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-pre-sheff-wed-l229-2994202_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
16:39 7th March 2016
by Joel Newman
The key talking points from Chris Hughton's press conference.
We’ve been good at home of late and a win would ensure we take points away from Sheffield Wednesday."
Chris Hughton
Ahead of the Sheffield Wednesday match, Chris Hughton delivered the latest team news, spoke about the reaction following the Cardiff defeat, assessed the gap between the Seagulls and Sheffield Wednesday, and whether a specific points target could be set for the season.

bong-l229-2993837.jpg
Team News: “The good news is there are no fresh injuries. Gaetan Bong is in the squad tomorrow for the first time since returning from injury, and the ones that had been close before are involved in the squad, so at the moment we’re quite healthy.
Response of players since Cardiff defeat: “I think there’s a normal inquest after such a result, and I wouldn’t say it was a poor performance, but it was certainly a poor result.
"We had a similar one a good few weeks before at Rotherham and got a similar response. I think that’s normal in any good team and we have been a good team this season.
“I thought Saturday’s game was a tough one at Preston, they’re a good side that don’t give too much away, but the value from that one was another clean sheet.”
“I wouldn’t say it was a bad result at the weekend, because I thought it was a fair one at Preston, but we want to bounce back from that and get back to winning ways.
“We are at home, we’re up against a team that are very close to us in the division and it would be a major plus for us to win this game. We’ve been good at home of late and a win would ensure we take points away from Sheffield Wednesday.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Gap between Sheffield Wednesday: “I wouldn’t say it was a bad result at the weekend, because I thought it was a fair one at Preston, but we want to bounce back from that and get back to winning ways.
“We are at home, we’re up against a team that are very close to us in the division and it would be a major plus for us to win this game. We’ve been good at home of late and a win would ensure we take points away from Sheffield Wednesday.”
Promotion Favourites: “The three teams above us are all very strong. I think with Burnley and Hull, you’ve got two teams that have kept the majority of their players from the Premier League.
“They certainly have the know-how and the type of players to do well and it’s no surprise to see them there.
“Middlesbrough recruited very well and so have Derby, so I think those four teams would have been the favourites at the start of the season and are probably still the favourites.”

Points Target:
* “You go through periods when you look at Hull and Middlesbrough and you don’t think they will lose another game, but then they do. That’s how the division is and I think there will certainly be more twists and turns this season. But with regards to a points tally, no I couldn’t say.”
[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here