Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones - Luton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He, was, is and always will be, a little welsh b'stard. I don't mean that in an entirely critical way, and in the lower leagues, with his focus and ruthlessness, it will pay dividends. However I would not relish him at our helm. In any case, he's too short.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same height as Hughton and considerably taller than Bloom.
Small people have more bite.

Sometimes some of the replies I get to some of my more facetious quips have me shaking my head sadly. This is one such occasion. :facepalm::lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Sometimes some of the replies I get to some of my more facetious quips have me shaking my head sadly. This is one such occasion. :facepalm::lolol:

I did think it maybe a Ryan quip, but let's face it you have to understand each posters personality, first, which can take some mastering with so many posting.
Harry you surprise me with the facepalm, I thought only the arrogant posters use that one.:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did think it maybe a Ryan quip, but let's face it you have to understand each posters personality, first, which can take some mastering with so many posting.
Harry you surprise me with the facepalm, I thought only the arrogant posters use that one.:wink:

No worries mate. I was just joshing.

Yes it was a Ryan quip. I think the young people call a recurrent but slightly irrelevant cyber-entity a 'meme', innit??? :drool::lolol:

Anyway, :kiss:

ps - how dare you have imagined I might be not arrogant :shrug::facepalm:punish:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I believe Nathan is the next Eddie Howe, he has passion and flare and likes to kill off games just like Howe.
He now has a few season under his belt as a manager and is ready for a step up and of course he has an unbeaten record with the Albion and turned the corner for us after Sami left.
I won't go through my Hughton views again, apart from saying CH and NJ are very similar gritty little intelligent defenders, it's the attack and win mentality that is very different.

Come on Mouldy would you replace Hughton with Jones? and if yes...when? Now? If we get relegated? Would you risk replacing Hughton now? How much of a Jones fan are you and do you think Hughton will never change and must go sooner than later.

Trying to get answers from someone who has always had doubts about CH and always believed Jones deserved the job after his 2(?) match winning run with us.😕???

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on Mouldy would you replace Hughton with Jones? and if yes...when? Now? If we get relegated? Would you risk replacing Hughton now? How much of a Jones fan are you and do you think Hughton will never change and must go sooner than later.

Trying to get answers from someone who has always had doubts about CH and always believed Jones deserved the job after his 2(?) match winning run with us.��???

More likely trying to start a binfest.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not me honest just wondering if you would replace steady as you go doing quite well CH with goals a plenty untried weasel rat Jones.

A little bit personal calling Nathan a weasel and a rat, something I have never done about Hughton.

What has Jonesy ever done to deserve that apart from work for our club at different levels and do a great job too boot?

Do you have a problem with the Welsh???

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A little bit personal calling Nathan a weasel and a rat, something I have never done about Hughton.

What has Jonesy ever done to deserve that apart from work for our club at different levels and do a great job too boot?

If you don’t know why a lot of fans think Jones a weasel and rat then you have either a poor memory or it has gone over your head. It is documented well enough, so don’t be surprised that any notion of him returning as some kind of Messiah will be ridiculed by many.
It has nothing to do with his time at the club and nothing to do with his nationality.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006

No problem at all with the Welsh mate. As you may well know I could qualify to play for Wales through my Welsh Grandmother. Being personal to Jones through calling him names was only copying anti Jones posters on here who have a point about how he reacted against us while he was at Yeovil.
I think he has a lot of potential to become a good manager but it is of my opinion he is not a ready made shoe- in for Hughton. We should stick with Lord Hughton even though a growing section of support is losing faith with his tactics. Rightly or wrongly I have always put you firmly in the "Hughton won't change tactics and is holding us back" camp. I didn't want to start a binfest, just intrigued if you would swap a manager who has potential for one who is doing pretty well for us.No underlying agenda here mate.

D

Deleted member 2719

If you don’t know why a lot of fans think Jones a weasel and rat then you have either a poor memory or it has gone over your head. It is documented well enough, so don’t be surprised that any notion of him returning as some kind of Messiah will be ridiculed by many.
It has nothing to do with his time at the club and nothing to do with his nationality.

If you're still looking back at a minor incident all those years ago, that is very sad.

No problem at all with the Welsh mate. As you may well know I could qualify to play for Wales through my Welsh Grandmother. Being personal to Jones through calling him names was only copying anti Jones posters on here who have a point about how he reacted against us while he was at Yeovil.
I think he has a lot of potential to become a good manager but it is of my opinion he is not a ready made shoe- in for Hughton. We should stick with Lord Hughton even though a growing section of support is losing faith with his tactics. Rightly or wrongly I have always put you firmly in the "Hughton won't change tactics and is holding us back" camp. I didn't want to start a binfest, just intrigued if you would swap a manager who has potential for one who is doing pretty well for us.No underlying agenda here mate.

Your trying to draw me in, you know I rate Jones, you know I don't like the negetive approach Hughton has while playing football, there not a million miles apart, just one is in a rut and the other will want to get out of that rut.

I know you have always been a fence sitter and i get why you would want him until he draws his pension, but i am the opposite as in if things don't go right look for solution to make it right.

Young managers can do it Jones is more open to change, look at Howe, Pochettino, I am ready for change when Tony is.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
If you're still looking back at a minor incident all those years ago, that is very sad.

Your trying to draw me in, you know I rate Jones, you know I don't like the negetive approach Hughton has while playing football, there not a million miles apart, just one is in a rut and the other will want to get out of that rut.

I know you have always been a fence sitter and i get why you would want him until he draws his pension, but i am the opposite as in if things don't go right look for solution to make it right.

Young managers can do it Jones is more open to change, look at Howe, Pochettino, I am ready for change when Tony is.
You still are dodging the question though. Would you prefer Hughton as our manager or Jones?. It's not a hard question or loaded. I may be a fence sitter but I have answered my own question and I will repeat it. I choose Chris Hughton.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Might be the right time in 5 years, when CH has stabilised us in PL top 6 and moved upstairs/to National job and NJ has had a few good years in the Championship with Luton/other

D

Deleted member 2719

You still are dodging the question though. Would you prefer Hughton as our manager or Jones?. It's not a hard question or loaded. I may be a fence sitter but I have answered my own question and I will repeat it. I choose Chris Hughton.

I did say it in my last sentence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here