Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Promotion Calculator

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Burnley will make it.

Then it's between 3 of us for one spot. I think Boro might choke a bit.

So down to us or Hull. Really can't call it any further than that.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I finished up with Burnley winning the league and Hull City joining them for automatic

play offs,Middlesboro,Brighton,Sheff Wed & Ipswich

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Mine ended:

1 Burnley 46 +43 99
2 Middlesbrough 46 +41 98
3 Hull 46 +41 95
4 Brighton 46 +25 90
5 Derby 46 +28 86
6 Sheff Wed 46 +28 83

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
These things really are pissing in the wind. I'd never have had Boro getting turned over at poxy Blackburn this week, or Hull coming away with nothing at Brum last night. Anyone can beat anyone, results are almost impossible to predict in this league.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I predicted us 3rd behind Burnley and Hull. 2 points still seperate the top 4. The problem is in the run in teams will drop points they are expected to take. Boro did it Tuesday and I expected hull to pick up a point at least last night. Burnley are on a cracking run but it's likely to come to an end somewhere it's how they then bounce back from it. Personally I'm happy flying under the radar. Listening last night it was all Boro and Burnely will be thrilled. Not a mention of little BHA. Hopefully we will carry on and before anyone realises who we even are we would have pulled out of the slip stream of the other 3 and we are powering away up the home straight

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
on a side note

I finished with Derby & QPR on the same points

currently 13 points apart! ???

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We are 2 points off the top of the league and have just SMASHED two teams 4-0 in a row with 12 games left.

Burnley have scored 6 in 6
Hull just 3 in 6
Boro 8 in 6
Brighton 15 in 6

We are going up. And it will be as ****ing CHAMPIONS!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We win two or three and think we are going to win every game. We lose two or three and we think we are going to lose every game. We have to think 'one game at a time'.
We aren't going to win them all, we aren't going to lose them all. Enjoy the ride and see what happens.

I know that sounds dull, but I feel if I look too far ahead, I will be disappointed.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bloody hell I have us top on 89 from Hull on 88 then Boro on 85 , I put us down to draw a fair few but beating Burnley and then Boro last game of the season clinches it . Sad news is MK Dons are relegated and Charlton escape no small amount due to them inflicting our one and only defeat on the run in .

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
We are 2 points off the top of the league and have just SMASHED two teams 4-0 in a row with 12 games left.

Burnley have scored 6 in 6
Hull just 3 in 6
Boro 8 in 6
Brighton 15 in 6

We are going up. And it will be as ****ing CHAMPIONS!

This is what I hope Hughton and the Players' mentality is!

I imagine the final few home games atmosphere will be electric.

:albion2:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I did it three times, with reality kicking in more each time, and the calculator doing everyone else's results, but even being devils advocate I've got us 2nd on 86 a point ahead of Hull with Boro winning the League by two points on the last day.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I tried to do it without my BHA blinkers on and ended up with us finishing in 3rd, 8 points behind Hull (1st) and 6 points behind Boro (2nd).

There's a few massively importantly games against tough sides. We do currently have form on our side and I think Preston will be really tough tomorrow. If we win there, I think we'll be full of confidence going into the game against Sheffield Wednesday and we could then pick up another 3 points. The battle is becoming more and more psychological and Boro and Hull are already beginning to bottle it.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Burnley are on a cracking run of form. P10 W7 D3 L0, scoring 19 in the process, conceding just 4. They are on hell of a run, so would be astonished if they're the ones to drop down to 4th to be honest. But, as results are showing, anything is possible.

Similar to this run of form; P9 W8 D1 L0 Scored 13 Conceded 0. That was Boro's run of form for over two months from November to mid-January. And we know how the next handful of results went.

Burnley are just about due a wobble in my opinion.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Bit too early to look and guess all 12 fixtures for the current top 4. It is going to be very tight at the top and we have a good chance.
We have a good run of fixtures broken down into 3 group of 4, where within those 3 groups we are paying 2 home games and 2 away games.
With our goal difference as it stands we need to make up 3 points in 12 games to be top. If we can make up 1 point in our next 4 games that would put us on track and seems very achievable.

Lets enjoy the ride and see what happens!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
These things really are pissing in the wind. I'd never have had Boro getting turned over at poxy Blackburn this week, or Hull coming away with nothing at Brum last night. Anyone can beat anyone, results are almost impossible to predict in this league.

Exactly. The most used quote in this division is 'that anyone can beat anyone else'. It is not true, else all 24 teams would be on similar points, but it does point to another truism that people are just ignoring: it is momentum that is important. That's what got Reading and Bournemouth to Champions from similar positions. No-one would have predicted them to go up at the corresponding stages of 2012 and 2015, but they got there with 9 wins in last 13.

Momentum currently favours Burnley and Albion: 4 wins out of last 6; all the other teams in top 9 have won 2 in last 6 (forget draws currently, they come into play only when you know mathematically what you need). In addition Albion have players back from injury.

I believe the threat is from Burnley and Hull; could be wrong but think the expectation that is still out there is telling on Boro. Ayala out for a while, and Leadbitter injured.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
As of today, if you let it do it's own thing (don't do any selections yourself) which is meant to use the current form guide to predict results, we apparently end up 4th with a lower GD than we have now. Not sure how that works when we're 2nd on the form guide with by far the best goal scoring record from the last 6 played...

And playing with it using these assumptions:

1. We win all remaining games
2. Boro still have Hull and Burnley to play, set both as draws.
3. Boro, Hull, Burnley win all their other games not already given results at step 1 and 2.

That pops us top, Hull second, Burnley/Boro tied on points with just 3 points between us (99) and 4th (96). If we assume Boro win both those games at assumption 2, they claim 1st and we get 2nd. If they lose both Hull get first and we get second.

All completely meaningless, beyond showing how important it will be to not drop points and just how important the games where teams from the current top 4 are playing each other will be. Oh, and it's still possible for a team to make 100 points for the season. We can't, but all wins for any of the other top 4 teams puts them at 100+.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here