Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Company - advice

boik

I just got TFL to back down from a penalty in that London, where my niece's fiance was absolutely nailed on pictured stopped in a yellow box junction. Caught hook line and sinker, shown on the video and in the pics as doing the 'crime'. As usual for TFL and Councils, they screwed up on a few issues and you just have to spot them.

So is it a good thing to help a guilty person escape scott free, or does it only apply to poor victimised car drivers?

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Never saw this, sorry.

Wright Hassall?

Gladstones?

SCS Solicitors?

Is it a letter asking for payment, and if so, who are they saying you 'should' pay?

Or is it a 'Letter before Claim'?

Which parking firm? You can pm me if you prefer, with a copy of the scanned letter.

Some of these scammers do try small claims but generally the smaller firms are still beatable...ParkingEye (PE) being the most difficult as they are owned by Capita, swimming in ill-gotten gains for no service at all and they throw the kitchen sink at it. At a hearing they send a barrister, at a loss to them, and they won a Supreme Court case against Barry Beavis in November (a terrible decision by those out-of-touch Judges) which PE use to batter everyone into submission now.

But if it's not PE then it's easier. And if it is PE then I've beaten them too. They will often cancel if a person shows a receipt from a retail park or complains to the Store Manager, BTW, seeing as PE normally infest retail parks.

But are you saying yours was 'Ethical' (the biggest oxymoron in the shady 'industry')?

Hi Lady Seagull,

apologies for never getting in contact, I never got a notification on this and have never seen it ! I chucked the letter from the solicitors and have not heard anything since so fingers crossed they have left it alone, I will PM if I get anything else come through though.

Thanks

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ethical Parking :lolol: What sort of :tosser:'s come up with a name like that ?

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
So is it a good thing to help a guilty person escape scott free, or does it only apply to poor victimised car drivers?

It's a good thing to beat a scam...and I include the way TFL 'enforce' these moving traffic offences in that. In my niece's fiance's case, his mum had just died and he was 'guilty' of his back wheels being in a yellow box because a bus was in the way. Obviously TFL didn't know his mitigating circs (but they never consider them so that wasn't the way to appeal). Luckily I could spot some technical issues and also, TFL mucked up part of the reply which I also noticed and seized on.

I don't consider £130 penalty acceptable just because TFL have people staring at cameras all day looking for drivers to catch. Just because penalties are issued doesn't mean they are just or fair - almost every type of PCN can be appealed and won.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've just scooped a Private Car Park fine - administered by ParkingEye.
Came i the post Saturday (9-Jul) relating to 16-Jun offence.
I've PM's Lady Seagull to see if she can help.
It was Park Hotel, part of the Raddison Group, I believe.
£60 if settled in 14 days else £100

Won't go in to details here but fair to say I'm guilty as charged, just don't like feeding these parasites if I can help it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here