Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I bet he does !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
image.jpeg

Well , would you want him back at Albion.
Forget wether we need another midfielder or not this is solely about wether or not
as a player you would want him back at Albion.
For myself absolutely not, temper tantrums wanting out
because he thought he was better than he actually is.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Easily Leeds' best player on Monday. Far better than Crofts, JFC and would be a better option long term than sidwell

I don't think he'd be better than Crofts or Sidwell in a 442 or 433 or 4411, which seem to be Hughton's preferred formations. He's not really comparable to JFC - they play in a very different style, with JFC being far more attack focussed than Bridcutt. Aside from that, I wouldn't want him back after having put in a transfer request (either literally or metaphorically). Reap what you sow, Liam.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
"Man with faltering career wants to go to successful club" bombshell. Can't remember comments like this last year when we were poor. Nah, bye Liam

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
View attachment 72783

Well , would you want him back at Albion.
Forget wether we need another midfielder or not this is solely about wether or not
as a player you would want him back at Albion.
For myself absolutely not, temper tantrums wanting out
because he thought he was better than he actually is.

Lazy journalism, trying to make something out of a non story by implying more than was there in the original piece

(They can't even put the story the right way up either :p )

Yoda

English & European
I don't think he'd be better than Crofts or Sidwell in a 442 or 433 or 4411, which seem to be Hughton's preferred formations. He's not really comparable to JFC - they play in a very different style, with JFC being far more attack focussed than Bridcutt. Aside from that, I wouldn't want him back after having put in a transfer request (either literally or metaphorically). Reap what you sow, Liam.

You mean the exact formation that Steve Evans played on Monday where he was easily their best player? :jester:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You mean the exact formation that Steve Evans played on Monday where he was easily their best player? :jester:

Ha. Nice try! Two things: I would say he wasn't their best player - their #23 was; but I will concede that he was in the top 3 of their players. Secondly, they got beat 4-0; being even the best player in that side doesn't say a whole lot; certainly doesn't mean that he'd be better than Crofts or Sidwell...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....ppy-to-stay-if-conditions-are-right-1-7758100

“For me, yes I’d like to stay at Leeds if the circumstances are right so every time I go out on the pitch, I’m playing for a place in the team and not just for this season. But I do want to play in the Premier League. I’ve been at that level before. Every club I’m at, I want to be aiming high and I want the club to aim high. If Leeds are willing to do that in the summer then I’d be happy to stay.”

So basically he is just desperate to leave Sunderland. Same article claims he is earning "in excess of £25k a week" as well... He's going to have to take a pretty hefty paycut if he wants to stop his career from stagnating further.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've never bought into these temper tantrum suggestions. As I recall, he was being courted by Poyet and was asked how he felt. I don't know what exactly he said but imaging it was something along the lines that he was torn between the two. Head says go to Sunderland and earn a fortune, heart says stay at the Albion to see if they could go up. Coaches probably decided he couldn't focus on the game. If that was the scenario then it shows he has deep feelings for the club that gave him his chance. Anyone though who wouldn't take financial security over playing for the Albion are living in a different world.

That said, I wouldn't take him back purely on the grounds we don't need him and have moved forward. Maybe in a couple of years and we find ourselves near the foot of the championship or worse then he would be a good player to have in the team.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we go up this year we'll have to be recruiting smart and signing better central midfielders than Bridcutt.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I've never bought into these temper tantrum suggestions. As I recall, he was being courted by Poyet and was asked how he felt. I don't know what exactly he said but imaging it was something along the lines that he was torn between the two. Head says go to Sunderland and earn a fortune, heart says stay at the Albion to see if they could go up. Coaches probably decided he couldn't focus on the game. If that was the scenario then it shows he has deep feelings for the club that gave him his chance. Anyone though who wouldn't take financial security over playing for the Albion are living in a different world.

That said, I wouldn't take him back purely on the grounds we don't need him and have moved forward. Maybe in a couple of years and we find ourselves near the foot of the championship or worse then he would be a good player to have in the team.

You don't need to surmise what he did or didn't say, you just need to remember the quality of his performances on the pitch after Poyet had tapped him up; it was pants. There were no temper tantrums, he just stopped giving 100% wearing the blue & white stripes. Unforgivable.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We weren't good enough for him before....no thanks....move on.

We were good enough, but the offer of working with Gus in the Premier League for double his wages might of had something to do with him wanting to leave.

This is a non story, but if it were true, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. The guy was our best player for the two seasons we got into the playoffs.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
We were good enough, but the offer of working with Gus in the Premier League for double his wages might of had something to do with him wanting to leave.

This is a non story, but if it were true, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. The guy was our best player for the two seasons we got into the playoffs.

We have certainly moved on from those times.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Compared to his performces for us I thought he looked below par for Leeds. This is probably down to Leeds playing 442 and particularly in the first half he was far too forward to be effective.

If he was to come back it could only work if the team style went back to the Gus era and he was the holding midfield player. As we are currently playing we should be looking to acquire better.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here