Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurants in Calais

Neither I nor wife smoke but 2 of my sons do so buying them their tobacco saves them money, although I have tried to get them to stop smoking. Me gettjng them tobacco does not encourage them as they would do it either way just pay more.
Another way to look at it is that making it cheaper for them enables them not to worry about how much they smoke, whereas if they bought at UK prices they might consider whether they can afford it and actually reduce their consumption.

I genuinely cannot tell whether or not you are on a wind-up with this and given your own history, I would imagine you wouldn't mess around this, so it probably is as you say. I find it a strange way of thinking.

All I can take from this is that revealing your life and outlooks on the internet is rarely good.

I hope you find a nice place to eat though. That would be a positive.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Neither I nor wife smoke but 2 of my sons do so buying them their tobacco saves them money, although I have tried to get them to stop smoking. Me gettjng them tobacco does not encourage them as they would do it either way just pay more.

Not judging you Mr Grandad, I just thought it was a lovelt turn of phrase!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just returned from Calais and found a restaurant on trip advisor Au Grill near the square in Rue De La Mer, the road to the seafront. Excellent 3 course meal for 3 people including bottle of wine a cognac and Grandmarnier plus a coffee all for only €102. Excellent food very well presented and good service, couldnt hope for more. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Calais.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just returned from Calais and found a restaurant on trip advisor Au Grill near the square in Rue De La Mer, the road to the seafront. Excellent 3 course meal for 3 people including bottle of wine a cognac and Grandmarnier plus a coffee all for only €102. Excellent food very well presented and good service, couldnt hope for more. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Calais.
Any Wetherspoons in Calais :nono:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here