Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More cuts from Osborne..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At least with labour nowhere near government there is no spend spend spend and sod tomorrow. It will take years to recover from their folly

Excellent contribution.

Even Gideon has moved on from this.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Maybe he can put his hand down the back of his magic sofa for a 2nd time and pull out another 27 billion so cuts don't need to be made.
Oh no, because this time it has nothing to do with not getting his and Cameron's own way so like petulant kids they make up a story about unexpected tax receipts.
This time it is the fact that the economy is smaller than he thought even though he only recently done his estimates in November.
That 27 billion would have been very useful for so many needy poor and disabled people including children, it makes my piss boil.
They make it up as they go along and really think that we believe there lies.
Both Osborne and Cameron are clueless and have no intention of doing anything for people that are poorer than they are, or sick or disabled.
Someone needs to put a bullet between their eyes and the sooner the better.
And yet we still have clueless deluded goons on here like Bozza, Wellthickwoody and that Hamster thing standing up for their appalling, callous policies as if they are protecting their own family.
They should be totally ashamed of themselves.
But what's the alternative, Boris Johnson, a nasty buffoon who again thinks of nobody but himself and has been an appalling London Mayor.
It's an Eton Mess.
And if an election is called, Jeremy Corbyn, who at least cares but will never be PM with his views on other matters and the fact that the public believe the lies and scaremongering from the Tories.
What a terrible situation we are in politically.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There is one group that seem to be pretty much untouched by the cuts, pensioners. Does seem a lot of them (esp baby boomers) are taking out more than they ever put in

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There is one group that seem to be pretty much untouched by the cuts, pensioners. Does seem a lot of them (esp baby boomers) are taking out more than they ever put in

Would you rather be young and poor or better off and nearly dead.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Of course they wont touch the pensions. The tories rely too much on pensioners for their votes.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You think the government's foreign aid budget is all about altruism?

They don't give this 0.7% of GDP out of the kindness of their hearts, you know. It's largely about investment too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34176846
Large portions of our foreign aid budget is unaccounted for and as long as they meet the 0.7 GDP target they will throw it anywhere.
The point is charity starts at home and not in the middle of Africa....way to charitable in this country and things need to change.

Ethiopia,Pakistan and Bangladesh received 1 billion between them dear o dear...These places never improve to be brutal.Corrupt governments galore will love the money we send them.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Large portions of our foreign aid budget is unaccounted for and as long as they meet the 0.7 GDP target they will throw it anywhere.
The point is charity starts at home and not in the middle of Africa....way to charitable in this country and things need to change.

But the point is - 99.3% of the budget isn't spend on foreign aid.

As I've said, foreign aid - depsite its name - isn't charity.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Of course they wont touch the pensions. The tories rely too much on pensioners for their votes.

Yeah terrified of the grey vote, meanwhile do everything they can do to get generation Y off the electoral roll as they are less likely to vote Tory

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
But the point is - 99.3% of the budget isn't spend on foreign aid.

As I've said, foreign aid - depsite its name - isn't charity.
Of course it's charity as you're sending money to help the less fortunate...well if it reaches them.
It should not be 0.7% it should be 0.1% and also the British public raise 11 billion a year for overseas charities.

You can give 100's of billions away and certain places will stay the same and we know why

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course it's charity as you're sending money to help the less fortunate...well if it reaches them.
It should not be 0.7% it should be 0.1% and also the British public raise 11 billion a year for overseas charities.

You can give 100's of billions away and certain places will stay the same and we know why

You're spectacularly missing Albion Roar's point.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Maybe he can put his hand down the back of his magic sofa for a 2nd time and pull out another 27 billion so cuts don't need to be made.
Oh no, because this time it has nothing to do with not getting his and Cameron's own way so like petulant kids they make up a story about unexpected tax receipts.
This time it is the fact that the economy is smaller than he thought even though he only recently done his estimates in November.
That 27 billion would have been very useful for so many needy poor and disabled people including children, it makes my piss boil.
Both Osborne and Cameron are clueless and have no intention of doing anything for people that are poorer than they are, or sick or disabled.
And yet we still have clueless deluded goons on here like Bozza, Wellthickwoody and that Hamster thing standing up for their appalling, callous policies as if they are protecting their own family.
But what's the alternative, Boris Johnson, a nasty buffoon who again thinks of nobody but himself and has been an appalling London Mayor.
It's an Eton Mess.
And if an election is called, Jeremy Corbyn, who at least cares but will never be PM with his views on other matters and the fact that the public believe the lies and scaremongering from the Tories.

Brilliant rant!

and breathe...

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013

Isn't some of this foreign aid linked to contracts to british companies?

I know in the past it has been, for example we supplied a lot of british made tractors to various third world countries. This boosted our production and also they were then tied into maintenance contracts etc

I'm not sure if this is still the current practice though.

So i don't think we're 'sending money' as you put it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's an Eton Mess.

Excellent stuff.

As an aside, I was talking to someone about British and German politics recently. He made an interesting point in that many German policies would be seen as loony left in the UK. Over here, they're just...well....normal and not even questioned.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

This in a nutshell. I think we all understand that cuts are needed but if this 'all in it together' business means anything then it means that everyone takes a hit. They are stretching my loyalty to breaking point with the cuts to disability benefits and workfare schemes.

Personally, I think it's time to look at corporation tax to take its share of the strain. I'd invest in many more tax investigation teams, be far more aggressive in closing the loopholes and open about who they are investigating and how they go about it. Treat big business in the same way as they do when they go after small traders. No more behind the scenes deals for ridiculously low penalties and interest.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You can bet a pound to a pinch of shit that any cuts made will not affect him, or any of his sleazy mates.

none of them can add up

or is his chinese abacus missing a few beads

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
This in a nutshell. I think we all understand that cuts are needed but if this 'all in it together' business means anything then it means that everyone takes a hit. They are stretching my loyalty to breaking point with the cuts to disability benefits and workfare schemes.

Personally, I think it's time to look at corporation tax to take its share of the strain. I'd invest in many more tax investigation teams, be far more aggressive in closing the loopholes and open about who they are investigating and how they go about it. Treat big business in the same way as they do when they go after small traders. No more behind the scenes deals for ridiculously low penalties and interest.

This is so blindingly obvious to me that unless they do this I can only believe that their agenda is an ideologically driven attack on the poor on behalf of their own class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here