Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police deliberately run over Dog.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Come on - it was 3am. The road would've been empty. This action would've caused expensive damage to the police vehicle too. It just seems like a bizarre decision.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yeh, running over a cow would be no problem, eh? No mess, no damage to the car ............. oh .......

It was a dog, ffs; it isn't any more.

So what would the procedure be, we know it is easier to run over a dog, cat or child, but that really isnt what I am asking.

What might they had done if it wasnt a dog but a cow, escaped elephant or deer thats the question and thats my point really, if you dont care then you dont care, but if you might of preferred an ending where the dog didnt have to die in such a way then it seems a reasonable question that should prompt a reasonable reply.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Come on - it was 3am. The road would've been empty. This action would've caused expensive damage to the police vehicle too. It just seems like a bizarre decision.

It's a busy road 24/7 because of freight going to Ireland.

There were armed police there, who couldn't get a decent shot away, so, in answer to the poster who asked if it was a deer or a cow, then you'd have a bigger target to hit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I struggle to understand why, in these times of austerity (we're all in it together) and cuts to front line policing, anyone would really think it would be a good use of the police's time to justify running down a dog that has already attacked 2 humans and nearly caused an accident on a major highway.

There, I've just justified it. Now let them get on with what they are paid to do.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I reckon the cop who got bitten thought - right, I'm going to get you you *******, jumped in his car and flattened the mutt at 90mph. Once the red mist had receeded, they cooked up the justification story.
I have no evidence for this wild speculation...

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I am a dog and I'm outraged that this happened to my friend. I'm also surprising myself right now at my ability to type on a keyboard. Woof. Woof. Bark.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Non-story and an opportunity for non-conformists, wannabe rebels and animal rights activists to criticise the police force and get their name in the papers.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
And what would the headlines have been had they not taken this action, and the dog did cause a traffic accident and the death to a human? Horrible, but nonetheless seemingly the right decision.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No Rover jokes ? Poor show.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here