Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-l229-2970088_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
23:01 23rd February 2016
by James Hilsum
Chris Hughton reflected on a superb victory over Bristol City tonight.
We changed our game a little bit and were perhaps a bit more direct than some occasions and pressed in the right areas."
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton hailed an outstanding reaction from his side after an emphatic 4-0 win over Bristol City tonight.
The result was the ideal response to Saturday’s defeat at Cardiff and keeps Albion within touching distance of the top two.
He said, “Yes we did [get a reaction] and I was delighted that the penalty didn’t go in in the end because that would’ve put a bit of a downer on probably a perfect evening.
“We changed our game a little bit and were perhaps a bit more direct than some occasions and pressed in the right areas.
“Amongst that, you’ve got to take your chances early in the game and Jamie’s [Murphy] goal rested* a few nerves and allowed us to get good rhythm in our game.
“We had a really bad day on Saturday, and that was all 11 players, not just the defence, and both Connor [Goldson] and Lewis [Dunk] have done well for us and had a good run.
“Certainly in what they’ve got with Kodjia up front, who’s a quick one, I thought that the pace of Connor would be beneficial. It was a real sturdy performance, and I thought we restricted them well and the chances they had.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Albion manager praised the impact of both Liam Rosenior and Sam Baldock on the night and is happy to see a number of key players returning to fitness.
“Liam is just back and I was really delighted to give him 45 minutes on Saturday and I think he benefitted from that.
“Sam’s been back for a little while, but it’s been a little stop-start for him. What he does do is allow us to stretch defences; he scored a very good goal and gives another very good option up front.
“Gaetan [Bong] is now back training with the team, so we’re hoping he’ll be back up to speed very soon and we’re hoping to have Kazenga [LuaLua] back for the next game. Right at this moment, we’ve got some really good competition.”
Despite a thumping win, it is status quo at the summit of the Championship table with the league’s top four sides all picking up three points.
“The teams above us are very strong at the minute and we’ve got to stay in there, try and create a gap with the teams below us and if we keep putting performances in like we did today, then we’ve got a chance.”[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here